𝟢𝟨 | 𝖲𝗎𝗉𝖾𝗋𝖿𝗋𝗎𝗂𝗍

┍━━━━━━━━✿━━━━━━━━┑
𝘏𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘐 𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐'𝘮 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯' 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘦?
- 𝗠𝗮𝘂𝗱𝗲 𝗟𝗮𝘁𝗼𝘂𝗿
┕━━━━━━━━✿━━━━━━━━┙

After her relapse at the party, Isadora became more paranoid about her routines and schedules, not wanting to stray for fear of the unexpected again. She kept on replaying the fear everyone felt during those moments. She also felt betrayed by Marcel. Sure, he sent her a warning, but it was all too late.

But her plan had one major flaw; she stuck too much to her routine that the coffee shop she went to never changed.

While she was working, she saw Marcel come in and immediately make his way towards her, sitting at the vacant chair in front of her.

"Isa, I'm really sorry about what happened," Marcel immediately said.

Isadora took her earphones out and breathed deeply, trying to remain calm. "Can we not do this right now?" she asked in a monotonous way. "I'm exhausted and they really wouldn't want me talking to you right now, especially after that stunt of yours."

"I told you I'd find you out on whatever you had going on with them," Marcel insisted as he kept his eyes on Isadora who rolled her eyes. "You don't deserve to be wrapped up in their problems."

"That's the thing, Marcel," Isadora finally answered. "I didn't deserve to witness something you caused. But it happened anyway. It wouldn't have happened if you didn't send your stupid suicide squad over like a fucking terrorist."

"I was trying to prove a point," Marcel tried to argue, only to receive a glare.

"At the expense of innocent lives," Isadora pointed out. "Do you know what it's like to feel the fear of hundreds of people in a closed space while their blood splashed around? The fear and the confusion of those compelled drummers when they were announcing that they were sent by you as a gift. The bloodlust of dozens of vampires." She took a deep breath before placing her laptop onto the low coffee table in front of her before she could hurl the gadget across the café. "You weren't proving a point, Marcel. You're showing that you're the alpha male or king or whatever term you want to call yourself. You're stooping to their level in this stupid war of testosterone and its clearly driving me insane."

Before Marcel could say another apology, Isadora's phone rang, making the nymph sigh in relief. It was a momentary break for her, especially after pouring everything out to Marcel. Or so she thought.

"Where are you?" Klaus immediately asked as soon as Isadora answered.

"I don't need to be on suicide watch, Nik," Isadora hissed back, glancing at Marcel who was looking at her intently. "Eli's just being paranoid."

"You can't blame him," Klaus said in a nonchalant voice. "Now, meet me in the Quarter immediately. We're seeing Cami."

"One, I don't want to face Cami yet because I couldn't get rid of her uncle's hex. Reminds me of how helpless I feel when I couldn't change my friends' fates, to be honest. And two, I have research work because I couldn't ask for a job at the bar since Cami works there," Isadora enumerated.

"You will accompany me to see Cami unless you want me to take your car keys and throw them out into the Mississippi," Klaus threatened before hanging up.

Isadora couldn't help but grumble. Of course, it would be easy for Klaus to get rid of the expensive gift he had given her. Money came easily to the hybrid.