The Brave

"COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO" the rooster screamed. Merida jumped up and removed her big curly hair from her eyes. A smile came upon her face as the new day started. What would she do today? Steal candy from her brothers, Sword training with her dad? Horse riding with her mother? Or all three, anything is possible for the the Princess of Dunbroch.

Merida ran out of her room in her dark blue dress. The citizens in the castle had to move out of the way so they wouldn't bump into her. She raced to the barn and jumped on her horse and rode out of her Kingdom, into the forest.

She loved riding through the Forest, feeling free, like she can touch the sky. She got out her bow an arrow and started shooting at the targets she set up. 

She was on a roll, after she was done shooting arrow's, she started to climb the mountains.  Merida had reached the top of the mountain and looked at the amazing view. 

There was many words that could describe what she was feeling.  Confident, unstoppable, amazing, great, but one thing she really felt was...brave.

Merida had raced back to her Castle to have her family lunch, and on her way, she had snagged some cookies for her and her little  brothers.  Let's see what news her mother brought home for her.

"Merida, a princess does not place her weapons on the table" Queen Elinor stated.  Merida just rolled her eyes and listen to her dad tell the story to the boys about how her and her mom defeated the evil Mor'du.

"And your mother kept on banging on the rock and banging and banging..." Fergus told but his daughter interrupted.

"Until" Merida started as she jump scared her brothers.  "The rock finally fell down and killed the bear, but his spirit still lives on in the Willow The Wisp, all he really wanted was to be set free"  Merida explained to her little brothers who awed as the story caught there interest. 

"That's also when mum and I figured we need to change and, listen to each other" she construed as she stood near her mom "that's why we're all going horse riding later."

"Not before our history lesson Merida" Fergus winked.

"Right, let's go" Merida gave her brothers the cookies, grabbed her dad and ran out leaving her mom suspicious, but she lost her focus when the boy's flipped off the table.  "BOYS, ROOMS" she screamed as the boys ran to their rooms.

Fergus and Merida entered her room.  But Fergus quickly closed the door with a evil smile among his face.  "Shall we begin?"  Fergus dropped the books took out his sword.  Merida yelped and took out her sword from under her bed.

"Tell me what you know about the Clan Dunbroch" Fergus asked, that would always swords fight while stating facts. 

"They are fierce, the protectors of the land, Elinor the Queen is the diplomat, and the lady of great virtue"

"Keep your guard up"

"Hubert, Hamish, and Harris are the three princes, wee little devils they are"

"And what of the princess?"

"Ooh, Merida is the best archer in the land, and not bad with sword either"

"Very good, tell me about the king, hurry"

"The father and ruler is Fergus, the bear king well known for his exceptional bravery, handsomeness, and good humor" Merida's sword had hit the wall, how could she win now?

"Correct what is the symbol of the Clan Dunbroch?" Fergus was distracted, he didn't realized that the boys had tossed Merida her sword.

"There mighty sword!!!"

Queen Elinor was walking by when she heard screaming and decided to check on them.

"How is the lesson...oh dear" Elinor came in to see the boys trying to get a sword out of Fergus's fake foot.

"Best lesson I've had all week, thanks dad" Merida said as she helped the boys get the sword out of Fergus's fake foot.

"We should get going for our horse riding" Merida grabbed her dad and ran out with Elinor and the boys behind her.

The family was riding through the forest having fun, but then they had realized something.   Something was missing.

"Where are the boys?" Elinor asked but then they heard it.  

A blood-curdling scream.  

After the scream, they saw the boys on there horse catching up to them, with Scottish empire biscuits.

"Wee little devils" Merida chuckled as they continued there ride.

After a while they were about to head beck but they saw a bright light behind some trees.  "What was that?" Fergus asked worried.  "I don't know, but look!" Merida pointed to the wisp.  Merida told Angus to follow them with her family not far behind.

The Wisp had lead the family to a magical portal.  "Where do you think it leads?" Merida asked.

"Go through it with me and your find out"

Merida, and here family quickly turned around to see a big man with a white beard and Russian accent.

"Who are you" Elinor asked the strange man.  "Unimportant" he said.  "But I know your kingdom is important to you, and if you want to keep it safe, I'll need your daughter to come with me, but you all can come too" the man said as he walked through the portal.  

Merida didn't trust the man yet, but she wanted to keep her Kingdom safe.  Her and her family decided to walk through the portal.