11

The following day was thankfully Sunday so Stevie didn't have to worry about missing any classes. Honestly, because she was looking forward to the afternoon, the morning just seemed to drag by. She played chess with Ribh and then got all of her homework out of the way before heading to lunch.

Kaye had joined them at the Ravenclaw table and while she tried to keep her concentration on the conversation and the hilarity that seemed to be going on, Stevie couldn't help but let her gaze wander over to the Gryffindor's until she spots Fred.

He was grouped together with George and Lee - planning some kind of elaborate prank or another trouble making idea no doubt and it's not long until she realises she's staring and so she quickly averts her eyes before she gets caught.

One thing that she noted though was that he looked rather good today.

"Stevie, you in?" Kaye nudges her side gently.

"Hm?" she drags her eyes back to her friends.

"We're going to take a look around the Black Lake," Ribh answers, "See if we can see the Giant Squid."

"Oh," her eyes flash towards the trio of boys, "I actually have my potions essay to finish."

Her friend frowns, "I thought you finished that this morning."

"So did I but I think I've messed up the ending."

"Do you want some help?" both she and Kaye ask together.

"No, don't let me spoil your plans," Stevie waves a hand, "It shouldn't take me long."

"Are you sure?"

She nods, "Honestly, go ahead."

Did she feel bad for lying to them? No, she felt awful but if they know that she was going to spend time with Fred, they'd never let her hear the end of it.

After she finishes up her lunch, Stevie looks towards the Gryffindor table to see that Fred is gone and not wanting to be late, she bids her friends a quick goodbye and heads for the third floor.

The statue of Gunhilda of Gorsemoor had always somewhat creeped her out and she hopes that Fred is already there so she doesn't need to hand around it for too long.

Thankfully, he is. He's leaning against the wall beside the statue tossing something in the air when she rounds the corner, putting it away immediately when he sees her approaching.

"Hi," she greets quietly.

"Afternoon," he replies with a grin, "You look pretty."

Pushing some hair behind her ears, she bites her lip to suppress her smile, "Thank you."

He gestures towards the statue behind him, "Shall we?"

Nodding excitedly, Stevie follows him behind the statue, watching with bated breath as he pulls his wand from his pocket.

"First," he murmurs, "Always check that the coast is clear."

She peers around the statue again, looking up and down the corridor and Fred grins at how serious she's taking it, raising an eyebrow when she turns to him again, "We're good."

"Excellent. Now all you have to do now is give our friend here a little tap with your wand and say Dissendium."

Stevie's mouth drops as the witch's hump pops open revealing an opening that looks just big enough for them to fit through.

"That's amazing," she whispers, shaking her head, "That, you are amazing."

Fred is rather glad that she's too busy peering down into the opening to notice that his ears are turning pink. That was starting to become a common occurrence around her.