5

For the next couple of days, Sirius Black was all that anyone in the castle could talk about. Like Stevie, many of the student body couldn't believe that he'd managed to sneak by the Dementors a second time.

Everyone had their theory; underground tunnels, apparition (despite the fact that you couldn't apparate into the school grounds)...people were just letting their imaginations run wild.

It was now the first Quidditch match of the season and honestly, there couldn't have been a worse day for it. Not only was it blowing an absolute gale but the rain was pelting against the windows of Ravenclaw tower.

Hearing it when she woke, Stevie rolled over and cocooned herself in her warm blankets. She had found out just a few days earlier that the match was no longer going to be Gryffindor V Slytherin like it was originally planned.

Due to the incident with Draco Malfoy and Hagrid's Hippogriff, Hufflepuff were now playing instead and everyone knew that the Badgers weren't exactly the best when it came to Quidditch - at least with Slytherin you'd get a good match.

Perhaps I'll give it a miss Stevie thinks, already starting to dose off again.

However, her slumber didn't last because it isn't long until Ribh yanked the blankets off of her.

"Get up."

"No," she whines, curling up in a ball, "Go away."

"Come on, Stevie. The match is starting soon."

"'m not going. I'm not going out in that. Ravenclaw aren't even playing!"

"No but Gryffindor are. You know, the house our best friend is in and plays for?"

"You're not going to let me stay, are you?"

"Nope!"

The Great Hall is practically buzzing when they finally get downstairs and after snagging some toast, the pair make their way over to the Gryffidnor table, seeing the Quidditch team huddled together in the middle.

Kaye waves as they near and Oliver Wood, the burly seventh year looks to see who it is she's waving at and Stevie snickers when he immediately shuts up.

"Morning," Ribh greets, shoving her hands into her pockets.

"What do you want, Lawson?" he asks.

"We've come to wish our friend good luck," Stevie shrugs, "Is that alright?"

"Make it quick."

"He's so charming, isn't he?" Ribh asks Kaye, who laughs.

"He's just a little bit stressed."

"Good luck," Stevie hugs her, "Not that you need it. It is Hufflepuff you're playing. Didn't Potter catch the snitch in five minutes the last time you played them?"

"I really wish people would stop saying that." Oliver says behind them before he's leaning back in his seat to look at the doors, "Where are Fred and George? I told them to be down here first thing."

"Relax, Oliver," Kaye pats his shoulder, "They'll be here soon."

Just as she finishes her sentence, the two of them wander into the hall.

"Nice of you to show up," Wood mutters when they reach the table and then he looks at the two girls, "Can you two piss off now?"

"Since you asked oh-so-nicely. Good luck again, Kaye."

She waves and then goes back to listening to their Captain but as she does, she can't help but notice that someone isn't and that someone, is Fred Weasley. He's too busy watching Stevie leave - a small smile on his face when she starts laughing at something Ribh said.