4

Halloween seemed to come around a lot quicker than anyone would have liked. To Stevie, it felt as if time was going twice as fast as it normally did in a never-ending cycle of lessons and homework. 

But, on the bright side, it was Saturday and not only was it Halloween, it was also the first visit to Hogsmeade. 

Stevie woke up bright and early and after showering, she gets dressed in some warm clothes and heads downstairs.

The common room is empty except for a few people; one of the then being Roger Davies the Ravenclaw Quidditch captain and a couple of first-years who are taking advantage of the spectacular views that come with residing in the Eagle's tower.

"There's the squid!" one of them cry as Stevie walks by, "I told you it was real!"

"Morning," Roger greets quietly as she sits down in one of the comfortable chairs, welcoming Benatar onto her lap.

"Morning," she scratches under her cat's chin, talking note of the pieces of parchment he's got scattered around him, "What are you doing?"

"Quidditch stuff. I'm actually considering..." he trails off when he sees the look on her face, "Never mind."

"Are you coming down to Hogsmeade?"

"I can't," he frowns, "After I'm finished with this I've to go see Flitwick. Hey, if I give you some money, could get get me some sweets from Honeydukes?"

"Of course!" she nods, "Come find me after breakfast and tell me what you want."

Giving Benatar a final scratch under the chin, she stands from her comfortable chair and decides that she's going to head on down to the Great Hall to get some food. She'd meet up with Kaye and Ribh down there.

~~|~~

Stevie loved Hogsmeade. She didn't know what it was but there was just something so picturesque about the small village that filled her with joy.

Another thing that was great about coming to Hogsmeade? The butterbeer.

After Stevie and the girls visited the book shop and Zonko's (they didn't buy anything, they just went for a look), they decided that they'd pop into the Three Broomsticks for the tasty beverage before getting some supplies from Honeydukes and heading back to to the castle.

Ribh bought the drinks while Kaye and Stevie searched for a table, managing to nab one in the corner of the crowded pub.

"How's the Gryffindor quidditch plans going?" Stevie asks as they take off their coats, "Is Wood as stressed as Roger seems to be?"

Kaye played for her house team, she was a chaser along with Angelina Johnston and Katie Bell and they were some of the best players in the school.

Her friend nods, "It's his last year so the pressure is on for us to win the cup. Honestly, he had us out for hours after dinner last night. I was like a frozen snotter."

Stevie laughs as Ribh joins them, carrying three mugs full of frothy butterbeer.

"Here we go!"

They chat quietly amongst the three of them for a while, people watching and Stevie gets up to get them some more drinks when their mugs are empty.

"Oh brilliant," Ribh muttered, casting a glance out the window, "Can't the leave you alone for one day?"

They, were Fred and George. They were walking down the cute little street to the pub and Stevie rolls her eyes.

"Ribh, you really need to let this go. Besides, they're probably just coming in for a drink. It is a pub."

Her friend grumbles under her breath as the door opens, letting a cold wind blow into the building and Fred, George and Lee make their way in and head straight for the bar.