16

Turns out, Ribh was right about Professor Lupin being a werewolf. Apparently there had been some confrontation with him and Sirius Black (plus Harry, Ron and Hermione) in the Shrieking Shack and even though Black was apprehended at the end of it all, somehow, he managed to get away yet again.

She couldn't believe that she had missed is all. All because she had been suffering from a rather horrid migraine and since she'd given the last of the potion she'd brewed to suffering students, it had her going to Madame Pomfrey, who'd given her another potion and sent her back to Ravenclaw tower to rest.

She didn't find out until the next morning when Ribh dragged her down to the common room where there had been a long conversation on the subject.

With it being the end of term, the teachers didn't really seem to care where the older students went on their final few days of term and so Stevie and her two friends decided to take a trip down to Hogsmeade where, as they walked through the quiet village street, the conversation finds itself being brought back around to their Professor's condition.

"What do you think will happen with him?" Kaye asks with a frown.

"I imagine that he'll be fired." Ribh answers.

"I hope it doesn't come to that,."

Her friend looks at her as if she's gone daft, "But he's a werewolf, Stevie!"

"So?" she asks, "Just because he's a werewolf, Ribh, it doesn't make him a bad person. Haven't you ever heard the phrase don't judge a book by its cover? Plus, he's the best teacher we've had in our five years here."

"I won't argue with that," Kaye voices her agreement, and in a desperate bid to change the subject before the pair start arguing, she points to the Three Broomsticks, "Let's have a Butterbeer, shall we?"

Stevie and Ribh barely spoke one they'd sat down in the pub and poor Kaye is stuck in the middle until Roger and Angelina join them at the table and they finally manage to have a conversation that didn't bring up Lupin's furry little problem.

After their drinks, the group decides to head to Honeydukes but as their walking the short distance to the sweetshop, both Kaye and Angelina suddenly seem to trip over their own feet.

"What the hell?" Roger mutters, looking around, "Of course."

For a moment, Stevie thinks that it could be Fred and George messing around but when she hears what sounds like a pack of hyenas laughing from behind her, she knows exactly who it is.

Tristan and his idiot friends.

Stevie makes to pull out her wand once she's helped them stand up but Kaye stops her, "Leave it."

"But-"

"Please, Stevie."

And so she nods, sending one last glare at the immature seventh years before following the rest of her friends into the sweet shop.

What a complete arsehole.

~~|~~

Fred's in the school grounds with Lee when they return to the school, giving each of them a polite smile as they pass by and head inside but as Stevie walks by, he recognises the bag in her hand.

"Excuse me a moment, Lee," he grins and his friend rolls his eyes but says nothing as the redhead darts across the courtyard, "Hey, Nicholson!"

Stevie spins, waving her friends on when they start giggling, "Hi Fred."

"Do my eyes deceive me love, or is that a Zonko's bag in your hand?"

"So what if it is?"

"A girl after my own heart," he grins down at her as he leans against the wall beside her, "So what goodies have you got, hm?"