19

so sorry about this being so late. I've been working a bunch and then by the time I get home, I'm too tired to write and it's all a vicious cycle. updates are probably going to be rather slow, which I'm sorry about but I hope you enjoy this chapter anyway

~~|~~

Everyone in the stands stood; each and every one of them screaming and cheering while waving their flags.

"And now," Bagman says cheerfully, "Without further ado, the Bulgarian Team Mascots!"

"I wonder what they've brought!" Ginny says excitedly.

"Veela!" Mr Weasley calls and Stevie frowns.

Veela could only be described as beautiful (unless you made them angry - then they were the complete opposite). They were semi-human magical beings; beautiful women with white-gold hair and skin that appears to shine as if moon bright. They had the rather dangerous talent of being able to seduce almost every male being, making them act like idiots.

Take now for example. Fred was currently standing, mouth agape as he was completely hypnotised by the dance that the women were performing.

Harry wasn't doing much better. He had one foot resting on the edge of the box looking as if he would happily throw himself over the edge.

"Okay," Stevie mutters, digging her elbow into Fred's side to snap him out of it but he doesn't even register her and with a huff, she crosses her arms and looks anywhere but at the pitch.

She felt ridiculous. She had no right to feel this way but the way Fred was looking at them...she didn't like it.

Luckily they weren't around for much longer; they were interrupted by the arrival of the Irish team's mascots - Leprechauns. They soared over the stands, tossing handfuls of gold down not the crowd - all of whom started stowing it away in their pockets.

Stevie tries to hide the smile that tugs at her lips as she watches Ron shove it into his pockets and Fred, having snapped out of the trance he was in, leans over to ask what she's grinning at.

"Your poor brother," she answers, "He doesn't realise that what he's putting in his pockets is Leprechaun gold." Fred himself looks somewhat confused and so she explains to him that in a couple of hours, that money will disappear and not wanting Ron to be disappointed, she leans forward in her seat to inform him only to be tugged back by Fred.

"Hang on," he hisses, "Let's not be hasty, love. His face will be a treat when he realises..."

"You're terrible, Fred Weasley." Stevie scolds.

Bagman then introduces the teams and she almost covered her ears at the resounding roar that erupted at the sound of one name; Krum.

"Here we go!" Fred said eagerly as the Egyptian referee mounts his broom and Stevie smiles at his excitement.

With a blow of his whistle, they're off. Ireland immediately takes possession of the Quaffle causing Fred and his family to rise from their seats.

Stevie has never seen Quidditch plated this way; the players were fast, so fast that she can't actually follow who's doing what and even Bagman struggles to keep up.

"Yes," Fred murmurs as one of the Irish chasers soar up to the hoops, "Yes, come on! Yes!"

"Troy scores!" Bagman announces, "Ten-nil to Ireland!"

As the game continues, Stevie wishes she could say she was paying attention but she'd be lying.

She does gasp in horror though when the two seekers, Krum and Lynch dive through the centre of the chasers so fast that it looked as if they were free falling.