15

Exam season was well and truly upon them now. Everywhere you went in the castle, there were fifth years desperately trying to find quiet places to study.

Fred was no different; sure, he and George weren't exactly fussed on getting top grades or anything but they still didn't want to fail and so, like their peers, they were in the library or huddled in a corner of the common room.

They'd both just come from their written potions OWL and Fred, because he was concentrating so much, had given himself a headache.

He follows George outside into the grounds hoping that the fresh air will do him good and the headache disappears before the practical which was later that afternoon.

"I reckon we could get a couple more hours in," George says as they head down towards the Black Lake, "Maybe look ahead for charms on Friday?"

He nods absentmindedly, intending on looking over the instructions to different potions again - he felt as if he was going to need all the help he could get and they look toward the water when they hear someone calling their names.

"It's Angelina!" George grins, waving down at her before he lowers his voice, "And it looks like she's with your girlfriend."

Stevie is indeed there - sat on the grass with Ribh beside her and Kaye with her head in Stevie's lap.

Since the party, the two Ravenclaws seemed a lot more comfortable hanging out with the Gryffindor girls - they would even sit with them at meals sometimes.

"She's not my girlfriend," Fred mutters as they approach where they're sitting.

"Hello ladies," George grins, ignoring his brother "Mind if we join you?"

"Of course not," Katie pats the spot beside her, "We're just brainstorming about what potion it is that they make us brew."

"It could be anything - Pepperup Potion,"

"A Wit-Sharpening Potion," Ribh groans.

"I hope it's not the Draught of Peace," George frowns and Angelina almost shudders.

"Yeah, that wouldn't be ideal."

Katie looks at Stevie, setting that she's plucking Daisys and making them into a chain, "Can't help but you're not looking too worried there, Stevie."

"Of course she's not," Ribh scoffs, "We all know that Miss Nicholson here is going to get an O."

The Ravenclaw rolls her eyes, "We don't know that at all."

"Come off it, Stevie," Kaye speaks from her lap, "You're the best in our year at potions... maybe even the best in the school."

Stevie chooses to say nothing and goes back to making her Daisy chain, linking them up when she decides that she's got enough, she joins them up and then she reaches forward to place it on Ribh's head.

It's not long until the seven of them decide that they should maybe do some studying - the time for them to head back into the school to go sit their practical exam was creeping ever closer but Lee Jordan makes his arrival known with a carton of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans, which throws studying to the back of everyone's minds once more.

Fred sits quietly as Katie and Lee laugh loudly about something that had happened in the common room that morning. The fresh air was doing nothing for his headache and it didn't look like it was going to let up in time for the exam and he sighs loudly looking up when Angelina knocks his foot gently with hers.

"You're awfully quiet," she notes, "Normally we can't get you to shut up."

His lips twitch.

"You that worried about potions?" Lee asks, "I know what you mean, I'm bricking it."