prologue

septembre 1st, 1973 - hogwarts express

Remus Lupin sighs as he glances out the window of the train. His best friends were talking about making a grand entrance back at Hogwarts or something. Normally he'd help them plan, but the night prior was a full moon and he felt absolutely exhausted.

"Remus? Are you even listening?" James Potter snaps him out of his thoughts, making him look at his friend.

"Sorry. What were you saying?" Remus asks, making James frown in worry.

"Fireworks? As we walk in. What do you think?" Sirius Black wonders, making Remus think it through.

"You'd have to make sure no one else is around to make sure to not hurt anyone. So we'd have to walk in last." Remus replies and Peter Pettigrew scrunches his nose up. "Do you even have fireworks?"

"No. This is why we need your big brain, Moony." Sirius points out, making Remus chuckle softly, leaning his head back against the glass of the window.

"Maybe we could just blast some music and walk in dramatically." Remus suggests, making his friends smirk in excitement.

"Yes. I absolutely love that idea and maybe..." Remus stops paying attention to what James is saying as he sees three girls walk past their compartment. His eyes are fixated on the blonde girl laughing as she follows her two friends.

He was absolutely stunned by how she looked so effortlessly beautiful. She has mesmerising dark eyes, which still were able to light up brightly as she laughed. Her smile was infectious and he couldn't help but fall in love with her sheer beauty.

She seems to notice his stare and he glances towards him, through the glass window. His cheeks blush slightly, embarrassed to have been caught. But she simply smiles at him, a blush gracing her own cheeks.

And just like that she was gone, like a dream. The kind of dream you'd wish to relive again and again. He let out a sigh, her smile being imprinted in his mind, a memory he'd forever cherish.

"Remus! Bloody hell, you look like you just walked into heaven and back. Are you alright?" Sirius asks, snapping Remus out of his state.

"Who... who was the girl that just walked by?" Remus asks and Sirius smirks in realisation. Sirius glances at James, who has a similar smirk.

"You have a crush or something?" Peter asks teasingly, making Remus shake his head in denial.

"No. Just curious." Remus says firmly, but his friends don't believe him.

"The two girls in front were, Emily Kane and Lesley McKellen. Behind them was Lorelei Tucker." James says, finally answering his question. "Lorelei is Ravenclaw Quidditch Captain. A year above us. Rumour has it she's Half Veela, which is why she has an undeniable beauty."

"Why have I never seen her before?" Remus asks, making James give him a look.

"Probably because people don't like the fact that she's not fully human. So unless she's on the Quidditch field, you will barley see her." James answers and Remus sighs. He knew how it felt to feel like he didn't belong. But he couldn't imagine everyone at school knowing that he was a werewolf.