eighteen

october 25th, 1975 - quidditch field

Remus watches patiently as she struggles to untie her shoes. He found it somewhat amusing, that after having spent hours dominating the skies as she practiced, now she would struggle with the simple task of untying her own shoes. It reminded him that she wasn't perfect, no matter how much he lied to himself. She has her fair share of flaws and the more time he spend with her, the more he realised.

He accepted those flaws, learning to appreciate how she easily became impatient or her ability to get so easily distracted. He wouldn't even consider them flaws in all honesty, they were just personality traits that made her who she is. And he grew to like her even more with every passing day.

"For someone so skilled on the Quidditch field, I'd expect better." He says teasingly as he kneels in front of her, taking her foot and helping her untie her shoes. She smiles appreciatively.

"We can't all be good at everything, Rem. It would make talents meaningless." She points out and he chuckles. Her loved her ability to always say the right thing.

"You're right. As always." He hums, pulling her shoes off and helping her put on her other shoes.

"The day I'm wrong, will be the end of the world." She jokes and he snorts, before taking her practice shoes and standing up.

"Well, looking forward to that day." He muses, stretching his hand out for her to take. She smiles as he helps her up on her feet.

"You're being extremely chivalrous today, Remus. Are you trying to make me fall in love with you?" She asks jokingly and his breath hitches, but he smiles. 

"Would that be so wrong?" He asks, half joking, half being serious. Her cheeks turns a soft shade of pink, a smile forming on her lips.

"Careful, Lupin. I don't think your mysterious girl would appreciate that." She muses and he chuckles, shaking his head. He brings her hand up, kissing her knuckle, causing her eyes to widen as her cheeks turn a deeper shade of pink.

"Don't worry about that." He assures her, before dropping their hands in between them, without letting go of her.

"If you act like this with her, then she's bound to fall in love immediately." She breaths out and a smirk forms on his lips. He moves to stand in front of her and looks down at her, with a raise eyebrow.

"Are you falling in love?" He asks. Remus watches her breath hitches and her eyes widen. He chuckles softly at her bewildered expression and he straightens up. "Why did you accept that I play the role of your fake boyfriend?"

"Because as Sirius mentioned, Martin hates you. So what better way to humiliate him, by going for the one person he dislikes." She hums and he is somewhat disappointed by her answer, having hoped there was more than just that to her choice. "Of course there is also the fact that, there is no one better for that role than you Rem. You may not realise that, but I wouldn't anyone else for that role."

"I'm glad." He hums, trying to keep his calm demeanour as his heart beats faster than imaginable. He was over the moon, just from her simple words.

"Come on. I'm starved." She exclaims, tugging him to follow her towards the castle. "By the way, thank you for coming."

"It's a pleasure. If I can go to James' practices, why shouldn't I do the same for my future fake girlfriend's?" He asks rhetorically, as he lets go of her hand and wraps his arm over her shoulder. 

"You're way too flirtatious to be considered safe. I think I might have to take a few meters of distance." She says teasingly, taking a few steps ahead. He snorts, shaking his head at her.

He wraps his arms around her waist from behind, pulling her back towards him. A squeal escapes her lips as he picks her up and both laugh, while he slowly spins them around. Their laughter dies down as they notice Martin from across the court and Remus puts her down, but without letting her go.

"Well, this was unexpectedly favourable to our plan. We're naturals. Just us acting ourselves is enough to piss him off." Lorelei snorts and he chuckles. Just to add salt to the wound, he kisses her cheek, making her smile softly as she looks up at him.

From any other angle it looked like they were about to kiss, but both were to afraid to make such a move. He wanted nothing more than to lean down and kiss her until he couldn't breath anymore. But he knew better, after all she was still in a relationship and even if she was planning on breaking up with Martin, he wouldn't do that out of respect. He'd rather wait. And he would, if he had to, he'd wait forever for her.

"That's a good thing." He hums, as he lets her go and takes her hand once again. "Now, let's go get some food before you starve."

"Yes. Thank Merlin. Practice really does work an appetite." She groans and he chuckles, shaking his head.