twentyfive

12th november, 1975 - gryffindor commons

Remus hadn't been able to see Lorelei since the game and as much as he disliked the thought of it, he knew she was just trying to figure things out. He had to be patient and trust her, that's all. Yet, he was still nervous about this all, whether it was the situation or the prospective of them confessing their feelings.

"Alright, boys. On today's chapter of James knows all the gossip. Guess what I just heard on my way here." James says excitedly as he walks up to Remus, Sirius following in tow.

"Girls talking about amazing you are?" Remus asks sarcastically, making Sirius snort and James roll his eyes.

"No, you idiot. Martin and Lorelei have officially broken up." James answers and Remus immediately straightens up, his eyes wide. He couldn't help feel the shock, even though he knew this was going to happen. His heart was beating uncontrollably, as he tried to put together his thoughts.

"Merlin's beard, Moony you look like you saw Dumbledore naked." Sirius says teasingly as he sits down across from the werewolf. He receives a glare for his remark.

"I just... I can't believe this is happening. I shouldn't be this happy, I mean she broke up with her two year boyfriend, who was an absolute asshole. I shouldn't be this happy." Remus breaths as a smile tugs at his lips and he can't hold in the joy.

"He was an asshole, and she broke up with him. You most definitely have every right to be happy. Especially because it's a step closer to you having a girlfriend. They grow up so fast." James sighs as he wiped away a fake tears and Remus rolls his eyes.

"It feels like yesterday only when Remus was practically drooling at the sight of her on the Hogwarts Express." Peter muses as he leans back in his chair and Sirius snickers.

"This calls for a celebration." Sirius says excitedly as he opens his bag and pulls out a bottle of firewhiskey. Remus snorts, not even surprised that Sirius pulled out the bottle from his bag.

"Mate, how long have you had that?" James asks in amusement, while Peter goes to get some glasses for them.

"Way too long. I've been waiting for the right moment. Anyone want to light up as well?" Sirius asks as he pulls out a pack of cigarettes.

"Probably should head back to the room then, to avoid the smell." Remus muses as he reaches out for the cigarette Sirius is holding out. Peter gets back with four goblets in hand, giving one to each and keeping one for himself.

"We should be fine." James assures him as he pulls out the lighter he always carried for some unknown reason.

"To what do we drink today, lads?" Sirius asks as he pours the whiskey in everyone's goblet. Remus raises an eyebrow as he uses James' lighter to light up his cigarette, before handing the lighter to Sirius.

"To the first of us to be in relationship." Peter suggests and Remus nods approvingly.

"Aren't you and Emily a thing?" James asks Sirius, who shakes his head.

"Not officially. We're still testing the waters." Sirius replies, setting the bottle down and raising his cup. The three other boys follow suit and grin. "To Remus' future girlfriend."

"May they invite us to their wedding." Peter says teasingly, a blush rising to Remus' cheeks as he puts his cup down and brings the cigarette to his lips.

"If he doesn't invite us, I'll fight him." James smirks as he takes a swig from his cup.

"Let's not think too ahead of ourselves. We're not even together yet." Remus points out and Sirius chuckles, letting a cloud of smoke escape his lips.

"Keyword being yet, Moony. Give it a few weeks. You just need to wait a bit, so it doesn't look like she's rushing into things." Sirius muses as he leans back in his seat, using his free hand to untie his tie, letting it hang from his neck.

"The best thing to do now is to not make it official for a while, just so that rumours don't circulate." James adds on, making Sirius nod in agreement.

"But wouldn't that suck for Moony, since he has been wanting for this relationship for years?" Peter wonders and Remus simply shrugs in response.

"Honestly, I don't mind us not making it official immediately. I'm just glad that it's even happening." Remus says honestly, throwing his head back to look at ceiling, smoke flowing out of his mouth.

"You've got it bad, mate. You must really like her." James hums, making Remus chuckle softly and shrug nonchalantly.

"I do. I'd give her the world if I could." Remus says honestly, smiling softly. He was over the moon, he felt like nothing in the world could go wrong from now on.

"You should have said the moon, it would have been ironic." Sirius says jokingly, making Remus groan as James and Peter laugh at the lame attempt of a joke.

"You're very funny, Pads. Absolutely hilarious." Remus grumbles and Sirius snickers.

"Prongs and Wormtail would agree." Sirius points out and Remus rolls his eyes, chuckling softly.