two

september 10th, 1975 - quidditch match

Remus follows his extremely excited friends along the stands, trying to find a spot to sit down. He was obviously just as excited as them, but Sirius was more visual about it as he exclaimed happily for James, who wasn't even there. The match would be starting any time soon.

"Okay, everyone your only task today is to cheer extremely loudly for your team's captain." Sirius shouts loudly to all the Gryffindors sitting there. Remus shakes his head in amusement, sitting down next to Peter. "And then you're all invited to the after party when they win in the Commons."

"Sit down, Padfoot." Remus chuckles, pulling Sirius down. "You can't be so certain that they'll win."

"I know you're in love with the other team's captain, but going as far as doubting your best friend's skills. That's low, Moony." Sirius shakes his head dramatically and Remus rolls his eyes.

"That's not what I meant and you know it." Remus hums, making Sirius grin and shake his head. "Anyway, focus it's about to start."

"Afraid you'll miss your girl's entrance?" Peter asks teasingly, causing Remus to huff, as he cheeks taint a soft shade of pink.

"Aww, look Wormtail. He's blushing." Sirius coos and Remus glares at him in annoyance.

"Shut it. The two of you." Remus says, looking towards the field as his two friends laugh.

The Ravenclaw students suddenly start cheering as their team flies out on their brooms. Remus leans forward, searching for the one person that he really wanted to see. Sirius notices him searching relentlessly and chuckles softly, before nudging him and pointing towards where he had spotted her.

Remus tries not get flustered by the fact that Sirius had known exactly what he was thinking. His focus sets on her and like every time he sees her, his breath is caught at the back of his throat. She was by one of the goal posts, her hair pulled up in ponytail. Her usual warm smile was replaced by a serious look.

His attention is pulled away from her as his friends suddenly start cheering, signalling to him that the Gryffindor team had joined. He quickly jumps to his feet as well, cheering for his best friend, who waves at them with the widest grin. James winks in their direction with a smirk, making Remus glance over his shoulder to see Lily Evans standing a few rows above them.

"Do you think he was waving at us or at her?" Remus wonders, making Sirius glance over his shoulder and snicker.

"I don't know, Moony. Are you cheering for him or for Lorelei?" Sirius asks jokingly, making Remus hit him playfully.

"Oh shut it." Remus grumbles, focusing back on the game. He watches as the players get in position, Lorelei and James facing off, both being Seekers.

The Snitch is set loose, making both Seekers keep an eye on it. Then the Quaffle is thrown up, signalling the beginning of the game. Everyone watches with anticipation as the Chasers throw the Quaffle around, hoping to score.

"Want to bet on who will catch the Snitch?" Sirius asks Remus, knowing well enough that he wouldn't be able to choose.

"You really enjoy this, don't you?" Remus asks, glaring at him and Sirius snickers, shrugging innocently.

"It's free entertainment." Peter points out, making Remus roll his eyes at them. Remus goes back to watching the match, seeing a Gryffindor Chaser throw the Quaffle into a one of the hoops, making them cheer.

Out of nowhere a Bludger starts to fly around wildly, attacking players at random. Panicked whispers start to echo through the stands as the Rogue Bludger nearly hits players once or twice. Remus starts to worry, looking around for sign of any of the Seekers, seeing them chasing the Snitch, not noticing the Bludger.

"This is most definitely not good." Sirius breaths out as his eyes widen.

"Shouldn't we do something about it?" Peter asks, but Remus shakes his head.

"Stopping the game won't stop the Bludger and we can't hex it, there's a risk of hitting one of the players." Remus answers, leaning forward. His heart was beating extremely fast and he felt extremely worried.

He watches as the Snitch suddenly disappears from the sight of both Seekers, making James stop. Remus' mouth goes dry as he notices the Bludger flying at full speed towards his clueless best friend. Before it can hit him, a sudden flask of blue pushes him a side. Remus watches with wide eyes as the Bludger hits Lorelei's broomstick, breaking it. His heart drops as he watches her fall, jumping to his feet.

Remus pushes past everyone, leaving the stands and rushing down. Sirius and Peter give each other look, chasing after him. As they reach the field, they notice Professors already being there and players flying down. James rushing to join his friends, his eyes wide as he holds his Broomstick.

"Are you okay?" Remus asks James, glancing towards where the Professor are hurdled up. He notices Lorelei's friends running towards them from the other side.

"I'm fine." James assures him. "Let's go check on Lorelei."

James doesn't have to say it twice as Remus makes his way towards where they are all hurdled up. His friends following close behind. As they get closer, Emily and Lesley, look up at them.

"You okay, Potter?" Emily asks, her eyes clouded with worry and James nods.

"I'm fine. How's Lorelei?" James asks.

"Oh, you know. Just a broken leg. Nothing too special." They turn to look down at Lorelei who is laying on the floor.

"You're lucky that you two weren't flying any higher and that you landed on the sand floor." Professor Flitwick says, worried for one of his students.

"You owe me a Butterbeer for saving your life, Potter." Lorelei muses and James smirks as an idea comes to mind.

"I'll have to take a rain check on that. But Remus could take you." James suggests, making Remus' eyes widen and Lorelei turns to look at him with a smile.

"I can't complain. Give me a few days to recover, Lupin. Then I'm coming for you." Lorelei says, just as Madame Pomfrey arrives.

"Su... sure. Looking forward." Remus stutters, getting flustered. He couldn't believe that he was currently talking to her and even less that she knew his name.

"Awesome. Well, hasta la vista, my loves. And by the way, James! I would have caught that Snitch." Lorelei exclaims, as she's being taken away.

"Yeah. Whatever makes you feel better."