twentysix

15th november, 1975 - great hall

The moment he saw her walk into the Great Hall he did not hesitate and followed right behind. He felt like it had been forever since he last saw her and he couldn't wait any longer. Rushing after her, he quickly catches up with her and takes her hand, making her turn around to look up at him.

"Merlin's beard, Lupin. You scared me." Lorelei breaths out, making him chuckle softly.

"I'm sorry, darling. Do you have minute?" He asks softly and she smiles softly, nodding in response. He softly pulls her to follow him out of the Great Hall.

"Where are we going?" She giggles, feeling a little giddy like a child as they walk through the halls, passed all the other students.

"Here." He hums, pulling her into a small hallway, no one else in sight. He leans against the wall and pulls her into his arms. He buries his face into her shoulder and holds her tightly.

"What's gotten into you today, Rem? I'm not complaining though." She giggles, making him hold her tighter as she wraps her arms around his neck.

"I've missed you." He admits, making her smile happily. Remus wondered if she could feel his heartbeat increasing with every passing minute.

"Aww, I've missed you too." She hums, causing him to pull away slightly to look down at her with the widest grin.

"How are you?" He asks, making her shrug as she looks up at the ceiling as if trying to think of an answer.

"Like the happiest person ever right now." She says honestly and his heart skips a beat, as he takes in a deep breath. "How about you? The full moon is in four days, you must be on edge."

"Right now, nothing else in the world matters." He says, making her snort and playfully hit him.

"I didn't know you could be cheesy." She says teasingly, making him chuckle. He raises one hand to tug a strand of her hair behind her ear, then cupping her jaw, rubbing his thumb on her cheek.

"For you. Always." He hums and a blush rises to her cheeks. His eyes trail down to her lips and he can hear her breath hitch, making him look back up. He leans forward, resting his forehead against hers. "I really want to kiss you right now."

"What's stopping you?" She breaths out, making him look at her, trying to find any sign of reluctance, but sees none. Slowly he leans closer, giving her the chance to pull away, but when she doesn't, he doesn't hesitate to press his lips against hers.

Her fingers slip into his hairs, pulling him closer. His arms slip around her waist, tugging her tight against him. Everything seems to stop as the only thing he can think of is the feeling of her lips against his.

A sudden movement next to them, makes them jump apart, Lorelei leans against the opposite wall and tries to catch her breath. Remus tugs a finger into his tie, slightly pulling at it so that it loosens up. They quickly realise that the movement had been nothing and they both start laughing.

"Merlin's beard, I thought someone was-" She starts, but he cuts her off.

"I know." He chuckles, making her smile happily.

"I'm sorry. You probably wish we didn't have to sneak around like this." She muses and he shakes his head, pushing himself off the wall and walking up to her.

"I don't really care if the world knows or if it's just us two, all that matters to me is that I can do this." He hums, before leaning down and reconnecting their lips, making her smile happily.

"You're very charming, Lupin." She hums against his lips, making him chuckle as he leans his forehead against hers. "I guess no more clues about your mystery girl."

"Well, I can give you one. She's a great kisser." He says and she snorts, shoving him away, making him chuckle and shake his head. "She also gets really flustered."

"Shut it will you." She grumbles, using her hair to hide her burning cheeks. He smiles happily, looking down at her with a loving gaze.

"I wonder how your mysterious boy would feel about this." He teases and she groans, covering her face with her hands.

"I hate you." She mumbles, making him chuckle and pry her hands off her face. He brings up one of her hands up and kisses her knuckles.

"No you don't." He smirks against her skin, making her huff as he drops their hand.

"You're lucky I don't." She jokes and he pulls her closer again.

"Damn right I am." He says firmly, before kissing her again.

"I promise we won't have to hide for long." She says as she wraps her arms around his neck and he smiles reassuringly.

"I know, darling. I trust you." He assures her and she beams happily.

"And maybe after the full moon, we could go up to the Astronomy Tower and watch the sunset." She suggests and he grins as he remembers the promise they made each other in London.

"It's a date."

"Absolutely." She giggles, pecking his lips one last time. "We should probably head back."

"We should. But we don't have to." He points out, causing her to snort and shake her head.

"You absolute dog. Stop it." She says making him raise an eyebrow.

"I'm actually a werewolf." He reminds her, receiving a playful glare in return.

"Very funny, Lupin." She says sarcastically, although a smile is evident on her face.