seventeen

october 20th, 1975 - gryffindor commons

"So, wait this whole time you've known about Martin?" Peter asks, trying to understand what Lorelei and her friends just told them. Remus hadn't really been paying attention to what they're saying until now, having already heard it and being too busy trying not to freak out over the fact that Lorelei was currently sitting on his lap.

There was a lack of space for all of them. Emily, Sirius and James were on one couch, Lily, Marlene and Dorcas on another, leaving Peter, Lesley and Mary on the last one. Remus had pulled a singles sofa they found, meaning that that was the only place for him and Lorelei.

"Yeah, give us a little credit. We're not that stupid." Emily jokes, making Sirius snort. Remus had noticed that his friend had taken a liking to Emily. He could understand why, her brutal honesty and snarky remarks, kept Sirius on his toes. Their personalities were so similar, that he'd have expected them to clash, but instead they were getting along really well.

"So what exactly was it that you're planning?" Marlene asks curiously, leaning forward to look at Lorelei. The blonde smiles, her eyes mirroring her mischief.

"His plan is to humiliate me." Lorelei muses, leaning back so that she was leaning against Remus' chest. His breath is caught at the back of his throat and he can only hope she doesn't feel his heartbeat. He hesitates at first, but he slowly wraps his arms around her waist and when she doesn't show any signs of minding, his hold on her tightens. "So, instead I'll humiliate him."

"And how exactly do you planning doing that?" Remus asks, unconsciously resting his chin on her shoulder. She glances down at him with a warm smile, her eyes filled with an emotion he doesn't quite recognise, but somehow can't get enough of.

"Well, since we're speeding up our plan. The Ravenclaw last game of this season." Lesley muses, making James' eyebrows perk up.

"The rematch against the Gryffs?" James asks curiously. After having had to cancel the last game due to the fact that Lorelei had suffered an injury, a rematch was scheduled. If the Ravenclaws won, they'd go against the Slytherin's in finale, either wise they'd settle with third place.

"Yup. He's kind of the heartthrob. Raven's most loved player. If something were to happen to him on the field, in which he ends up looking like the worst player ever. He'd loose his precious title of heartthrob." Lorelei explains and James smirks approvingly, liking the idea.

"Which would be a good opening for Lory. She'll breakup with him." Remus' breath hitches at Emily's words. Sure, at this rate a breakup was inevitable, but he never expected it so soon. "That's when we'll start spreading a rumour that the only reason she kept him around was because of his position on the team and now that his worth was nothing, no reason to keep him."

"Ouch, I like that. But I'm guessing that's not the end." Sirius hums and Emily nods in confirmation.

"Please. That bastard dares talk bad about my best friend and then try to make her look like a bad person, over my dead body." Emily huffs angrily and Lorelei shakes her head.

"The last part of our plan is kind of risky and was only just added recently." Lorelei says calmly, before taking a deep breath. "He won't back down. After I break up with him, so I'll have to prove to him I've moved on, publicly."

"That's risky. How you planning on doing that?" Lily asks and Lorelei clears her throat nervously.

"Fake relationship. We're still trying to find someone willing." Lesley says and Remus' heart drops at the idea.

"Remus could do it." Sirius exclaims happily, making Remus' eyes widen and Lorelei gape at him. "I mean think about it. Martin obviously doesn't like Remus, so it would be great."

"Not to mention you guys look like a couple right now." Dorcas smirks, making Remus let go of Lorelei and she straightens up, both getting flustered.

"This is a perfect plan." Mary says, her eyes glistening as if she knew something that they didn't. Lesley and Emily smirk each other, having a similar look in their eyes as Mary does. Lesley and Emily obviously knew who Lorelei liked, and the others knew who Remus liked.

"But Remus likes someone else. I don't want to come in between them." Lorelei says softly and James tries not burst into laughter, glancing down at the floor to avoid their eyes.

"If I can be of help, I don't mind. I don't think she'll mind either." Remus assures her and Sirius snorts, shaking his head. "What about the person you like?"

"He won't mind. He definitely won't mind." She hums and he chuckles softly, wrapping his arms around her again, pulling her flush against himself.

"Well that settles it then. Lorelei and Remus are officially going to fake date." Emily claps her hands together, a satisfied look on her face. Remus and Lorelei both blush.

Remus felt overwhelmingly overjoyed. He knew that it wasn't real and that as soon as they got rid of Martin, they'd go back to just being friends. But that wouldn't stop him from enjoying this opportunity. He wouldn't even have to pretend to like her, it would come naturally. And in all honesty, he couldn't wait to see the look on Martin's face as he'd walk away with Lorelei.