epilogue

12th october, 1978 - platform 9 3/4

Lorelei pushes through the crowd of parents as she rushes to find her friends. She hadn't seen them in over three months and she couldn't wait to see them again. After graduating Hogwarts last year, she wasn't able to see them as much as she used to. Especially as she was starting her research in Alchemy.

She notices a group stepping out of the Hogwarts Express and smiles as she recognises them. She runs in their direction catching the attention of the oldest, who lets his friends know that she was there.

Remus turns around to face her and smiles happily, opening his arms for her as she runs into them. Wrapping her own arms around his neck, she pulls him down for a kiss. He stumbles back a little, but smiles happily against her lips as he kisses her back.

"Congratulations on graduating." She grins happily as she pulls back and he chuckles softly, smiling at her happily.

"Thank you, my love." He hums as he kisses her forehead. Their moment is interrupted by someone clearing their throat and they turn around to face the group.

"Do we get a kiss as a congratulation?" Sirius asks with a smirk and Lorelei hits him playfully.

"Go ask your girlfriend. Oh, I forgot. You broke up. Again." Lorelei says and Sirius glares at her playfully. She shakes her head at him. Sirius and Emily had been in an on-and-off relationship for nearly a year now, having broken up three times and gotten back together every time.

"How's Lesley?" Peter asks excitedly and Lorelei smiles. Lesley and Peter got together during the summer after their graduation. Unfortunately at the end of the summer they had to do a long distance relationship because Lesley was offered a job in France as an artist.

"She's doing fine. She wished she could be here." Lorelei says and Peter beams happily. "Congrats on graduating everyone. I was worried you caused too much mischief to be able to graduate."

"Very funny, Lore. I'll have you know last year you used to be a part of this." James says pointedly and she sticks her tongue at him. Regulus rolls his eyes at James, an amused smile on his lips. James still hadn't admitted he liked Regulus, but at least he'd stopped pinning after Lily, which Lorelei considered progress.

"This summer will be absolutely crazy." Sirius says excitedly and Lorelei shakes her head, looking up at Remus.

"What do you want to do?" She asks him softly, while the others start discussing summer plans. Remus looks up in thought and smiles happily.

"I want to go home with my beautiful girlfriend and just enjoy every moment with her." He hums, making her bite her lip as her heart skips a beat. Even after nearly three years, he was still able to make her feel all giddy and happy.

It hadn't been easy at first, especially with Martin. They had succeeded in their plan, but they had to keep their relationship secret for a while and when they finally became public, Martin didn't stop tormenting them and trying to creat doubt about being together. He'd even nearly succeeded at making them breakup, but in the end it only had made their relationship stronger.

"I like that idea. I'll cook dinner." She hums and he beams, leaning down to kiss her.

"I love you." He hums against her lips and her smile turns into a wide grin.

"I love you too." She says back, pecking his lips again before turning to look at the others, who are still in a heated discussion about their summer plans. Remus lets out a breath as he smiles down at her, pulling her closer to him.

He couldn't believe that nearly six years ago, he was sitting on the Hogwarts Express and had seen her for the first time. Since seeing her that time, he had only been able to dream of even talking to her, but two years later his dreams had become a reality. There is nothing in the world he would change now, and he couldn't be more happy than he is with her by his side.