Chapter 12

Bryce POV:

Addison just said she loved me, and my head was spinning. So much had just happened between us, but one certain thing was that I never fell out of love with her. 

B: I love you more, Addison, and I know things aren't how we envisioned it, but I promise things are gonna get better.  We have to prove that we want this. So we are gonna have to fight for ourselves, not for anyone else

A: Okay, then we will

*Skip to Monday

Still, Bryce POV:

Today's was Addison birthday, but because Amara was sick, we didn't want anyone over. Addison didn't even want to celebrate. But, I would not let her think that her birthday didn't matter. I woke up early to grab the twenty balloons I had ordered from party city. As long as the arch said, "Happy Birthday, Mommy," I then went to the bakery and got her a chocolate cake. I would be making her breakfast and then getting her sushi for lunch, which I personally hated. For her birthday, I made her a personal scrapbook of us from seventh grade to now. I knew she would cry, but it was worth it.

I drove home and quietly opened the door. I knew Addison was still sleeping since the twins had been sleeping better recently.  I decorated the living room. I put the roses I had gotten at the grocery store on the table, with her birthday present. 

I then began to make breakfast: crepes, bacon, eggs, and ice coffee. As I was putting everything on the plate, I heard the bedroom door open. Addison stepped out and peeped into the living room, and then began to cry.  She looked around and couldn't believe her eyes. She walked up to me and kissed me nice and slow.

B: Happy Birthday love

A: Thank you, Bryce

I pulled her to the table, but then I heard the twins crying. Addison got up, but I stopped her. I made a bottle for both babies, and then went to go feed them, and change them.  I then settle each twin down, and went to eat with Addison. 

Addison POV:

To think that I was lucky enough to wake up to a whole surprise. I wasn't in to celebrating my birthday this year due to the fact that Amara was sick, but I should have known Bryce would find some way to celebrate.

I sat and ate my breakfast, while Bryce took care of the twins. As I was eating Bryce came and sat back down, I smiled at him. Before I knew it Bryce took the polaroid out and took a picture of me.  I playfully hit him. I could tell we were slowly falling back into being us, and I for one was in no rush to get where we needed. After we ate, Bryce pulled a bag. 

B: I know you said no gifts, but its your birthday and it is special

I grabbed the bag and seen purple roses, my favs. I then pulled out a large book. It read our story on the front. I know this isn't what I think it is. I opened the first page to see Bryce and I's very ever photo together seventh grade with a long note. As I continue to go through the book I began to cry. This gift had to be the best gift, I have ever received. 

A: Thank you so much Bryce. I love this

Bryce than cupped my cheek

B: I love you Addi, and even if you don't think that your birthday matters. I am here to let you know that it does matter. The twins and I are very appreciative of us and we wouldn't be able to get along without you. 

Bryce then kissed me nice and slow

Bryce then opened the door and Mads, Jaden, Nessa, and Josh came in. This had been the first time I seen nessa pregnant. And her belly was so small and cute. I hugged both of them. I had missed them so much. I could tell the boys had smiles on their faces.

Ja: We've missed you've Adds

Jo: Ya, Happy birthday

N: Look, we know that you don't want us here because Amara is sick, but it's your birthday

B: And Amara is feeling better

We sat and talked just catching up while the boys sat and drank white claws.  We had played music, dance around a bit. Then Bryce left to get food. We had thought pizza might be the best option for everyone. While we ate we brought the twins, into the living room. They were in such a great mood today, which helped a lot. 

About an hour later, the apartment had gotten extremely dark. Before I knew it Bryce was walking into the living room with a cake and candles. Everyone had began to sing happy birthday. 

B: Make a wish

I closed my eyes and wished for things to always be this way. After we ate  everyone left.It was just Bryce, I, and the twins. All of a sudden the doorbell rang. I went to open the door thinking someone had left something. 

A: Mom

*Hey guys go check out "our secret" its another new book I am starting