-Chapter 11-

hey, little girl, you're falling apart.
don't really care
'cause they broke your heart

-georges pov-

i stepped out of the shower and dried off. i walked out with a towel on, quickly turning the hallway corner to my room so they couldn't see me from the living room.

i slipped on a hoodie, wishing i could steal one of clays, but it's not as nice if they don't give it to you.

i walked out and they were just sitting on the couch on their phones. nick looked up at me. "hey george, we were wondering, do you wanna go to a carnival today?"

i got super excited. "oh my god yes"

meanwhile, clay was wheezing. "th- hA! the way his face lit up oh my god-"

nick and i started laughing, just because the way clay found that so funny.

"wha- why is that funny?" nick said, laughing.

clay didn't respond because he was dying of laughter.

"you fucking idiot! haha go get ready to leave loser" i told clay. he hadn't brushed his teeth or washed his face because i was in the shower.

he got up smiling. he started walking towards the bathroom and suddenly hugged me. "ah, i love you george" he said, clinging onto me. "i love you to-". i watched nicks face change behind him, i hadn't meant to say that in front of him. clay walked past me into the bathroom.

"since when do you say it back, especially to him?" nick was somewhat defensive, but in a joking way.

"i-i dunno he jus-.. he's done so much for me recently, and i felt bad for not saying it back. i have always loved him back but didn't want to say it" i felt like i had told too much.

nick raised his eyebrows. "oh.. okay. anyways what time do y'all wanna leave?" he said that last part loud enough so clay could hear.

"LIKTH ONE!" clay was muffled since he was brushing his teeth. i looked back at nick. "yeah one sounds good."

he nodded. we then waiting for clay to finish, and when he did we all left. we piled up in tbe rental, and i decided to take the back seat.

clay noticed, and seemed to want me up there, but i wanted them to have some time together.

and they did, they were laughing the whole way there. clay didn't seem to regret having sap up there anymore.

we finally arrived at the carnival.

we went up to the front booth. clay whispered in my ear, "wanna ride the ferris wheel later?" he pulled back giggling. "sure!" i got a little flustered, and said that louder than i meant to.

sap noticed. "what?" clay looked at me.

"oh uh he was joking saying he would ask if you could be checked in as a kid." i was impressed at my own cover up.

nick chuckled, "you bitch", he jokingly punched clays chest. the funny part was that it did nothing, he knew it would do anything too, thats why he didn't go so light on him.

clay lightly slapped nicks arm and smiled. nick turned away to look at the rides. clay looked back at me and winked. i laughed at his stupidity. "you're so cringey"

we got our wristbands and walked into the carnival. we had gotten wristband for 5 rides and any games we want. nicks face lit up when he saw a sign that said "funnel cake", while clay was looking at the ferris wheel intently.

"are you hungry nick" he turned around to me. "yeah, if it's fine with you guys can we eat first?" i nudged clay a little. "you hungry?"

he looked back at the ferris wheel and nick noticed. "ugh, you seriously wanna go on that? there's so many other ways we could use the rides." i frowned at nick, "ferris wheels are fun you sad old man"

clay broke between us. "hey, chill" he put a hand in sapnaps face. "george and i will ride it while you eat. I'm not hungry anyways. were you hungry?" i shook my head at clay.

"okay simps, see ya soon" nick quickly walked toward the food booth. clay turned to me and smiled. we walked to the ferris wheel line and stared in disgust.

"wow that's long" he laughed. "i kinda have to go to the bathroom" i said, "maybe we can ride this later? i think it would be prettier if we did it at sunset."

"alrighty", he chuckled, pushing me to walk towards the restrooms. we went to the outside hall area, i looked behind me and saw a couple of girls (the bathrooms were singular, so everyone had to wait outside.) one of them had her back turned to us.

i immediately realised her tag was sticking out, with a little smiley face on it. she was wearing dreams merch. i immediately grabbed Clay's shoulders and made us switch spots, accidentally turning a little too far and slamming him into the wall.

"w-what?" clay looked at me, not knowing whether to be scared or to laugh. he started blushing profusely. i didn't know either, i didn't think i was strong enough to move him like that. "wHA-HA-HAT" clay broke into laughter. i held my finger up to his mouth, not realizing how this all looked to him, not knowing about the girls. "s-sorry" i slowly took my hands off of him. "how are you so stro-" "sh! there's a girl over there with your merch."

"so?" he tilted his head to the side. "you, me, and nick have been inactive these passed few days. if they see you with me they'll know." clay clammed his lips together, then mouthed something that look like "ohh".

we quietly stood and waited, me covering clay. "wait, but if they see YOU, that's what will make it obvious." he grabbed me and pinned me the same way i did to him and laughed. "if i face them, they don't know it's me."

i got a little flustered. we sat in silence for a few moments, still waiting for one of the mens rooms to be open. "how are you so strong?" clay whispered. "i have no clue, i surprised myself" i looked up at him, and he giggled.

finally, one of the mens rooms opened, an old man walking out slowly. no wonder they waited so long. i started walking in, clay watching from where we stood previously. i looked back at him before closing the door. i quickly used the toilet  then peered at the mirror at myself.

the fuck? how did i do that? why was he scared? even if i can do that, he still knows he's much stronger...

how did i get like that? i thought back to the times i had tried to pull my ex boyfriend off of me. i recalled the first time i succeeded. james looked scared for a moment, and quickly realized that's all my strength could do.

i ended up not saving myself that day, since he just continued to do whatever he wanted to me. my hand started getting clammy and i teared up. i realized i was taking too long and walked out of the bathroom.

clay quickly grabbed my hand and pulled us to walk away from the bathroom, towarr the food stands. he looked down at me a few moments after walking. "you good?" i looked at him confused, our hands still interlocked as we slowed our pace. i remembered that i had started tearing up in the bathroom.

i blinked away the tears. "yeah of course" i sniffled and smiled. "a-are you sure? i didn't make you uncomfortable did i?"

"n-no clay lets just get back to nick." clay stared at me for a second, before hestitantly starting to walk forward with me. he was being much more gentle now. i mentally beat myself up for ruining his mood. he's probably going to worry this whole time now.

-word count: 1349-