Hiro Hamada X Reader

"Hey, Hamada! You still in here?!"

"Over here behind the boxes, (N/n)!" The boy shouted as he peeked out from the stack of cardboard containers

"Oh, perfect! I was worried that I was gonna have to eat all of these snacks myself." (Y/n) announced as she stepped into Hiro's lab with a plastic bag full of goodies.

"What did you get?"

"California rolls,  a couple cola's, and of course, gummy bears. You know, everything a growing robotics prodigy needs to keep his energy up."

"That's funny, (Y/n), but we both know I'm not the one who needs to grow. I'm taller than you are." Hiro stated as he rolled out from behind the boxes on an office chair.

"Yeah, by like 2 inches. I'll be taller than you in three days tops."

"And I'll still be smarter than you when that happens. You're not gonna win this argument."

"Whatever, you little nerd. Just show me the progress on P.A.M. How has it been going since I left?"

"Alright, alright. I've been working all day on getting the last few bugs out of her programing and tweaking her personality modules so they work exactly like they're supposed to. It's been a little rough, but I think I managed to get it done."

"It's a lot more impressive looking than some of your other bots. Do you think it's gonna work this time?" (Y/N) asked as she leaned against a table and rested her head against her palm

"I sure hope it does, (N/n). I've been working on her for a long time now.  All that's left to do is to start it up."

"Then what are you waiting for? Get her working!"

"Ok... here goes nothing..." Hiro sighed as (Y/n) offered him her hand in support. 

Gently smiling in thanks, he calmly pressed a button on the pale blue container before the pair took a few steps back.

A melodious chime rang from the box before the top opened up, revealing a slender cerulean robot that stood up and folded it's hands as it emerged.

"Greetings! I am your Personal Assistance Mechanism, or P.A.M for short! How may I be of service to you?" the friendly automaton questioned as she finally powered up with softly glowing eyes.

"Hiro, she's active! You did it!" (Y/n) cheered as she jumped up and wrapped Hiro in a tight hug.

Slightly taken aback, Hiro hesitantly placed his arms around her before giving in and squeezing her just as closely.

They stood in each others embrace for a few minutes before a beep from P.A.M brought them back to their senses. Quickly pulling away from each other, a spattering of red grew across both of their faces.

"Oh, uh, I guess we should test to see if P.A.M can actually do tasks that she's requested to do." Hiro timidly suggested as he scrambled for something to say.

"Um, yeah. That sounds good..." (Y/n) nodded nervously as she put her hands in her pockets.

"P.A.M, Uh... please take the bag from (Y/n) and place the food on the desk over there."

P.A.M's eyes blipped brighter to show she she listened to and understood the command. Stepping over to (Y/n), the robot held out her hand in a questioning manner.

"May I take your bag for you, Miss (Y/n)?" P.A.M asked, her voice coming through tiny speaker holes in her chest.

"Yes, thank you P.A.M." (Y/n) replied as she slid the plastic sack off her arm and into the robots palm.

A happy sounding beep emerged from the speaker as P.A.M took the bag and began to move towards the surface. As soon as she was done setting the snacks neatly down on the table, she folded her hands back up and turned back to face Hiro and (Y/n).

"All finished! Is there anything else you need assistance with today, Sir?"

"No, thank you, P.AM. You are now relieved of duty!" Hiro said with a clasp of his hands.

P.A.M bowed her head gently before walking back to her box and collapsing herself to fit into it again. With another chime, the emblem on the crate clicked and locked up for the next use.

"Well, that sure went well. We should go and celebrate your new success, Mr. Prodigy!" (Y/n) exclaimed as she lightly elbowed Hiro in his side.

"That sounds awesome! Wanna go to the arcade with me?"

"Absolutely! Lead the way." 

Opening the door for his friend, Hiro and (Y/n) walked out of San Fransokyo Institute of Technology and down the roads of the colorfully bright city.

Joking and laughing as they moved along the many pathways, the pair enjoyed each others company as they made their way to their destination.

During a few moments of quiet between the two, (Y/n) eventually cleared her throat and began to speak.

"Hey, Hiro. About the hug  in the laboratory earlier... I hope I didn't make anything awkward between us by doing that. I was really excited for you and just kind of acted on instinct."

"Hey, you have nothing to apologize for (Y/n). It was really nice, actually. I liked it a lot."

"Really?"

"Well, yeah. I've liked you since we met, so it's only natural that I'd enjoy a hug from you..." Hiro stated with a slight proud smirk on his face

"Wait a sec, you like me? Like, like like me?..."(Y/n) said as her feet came to a halt.

The black haired boy turned around to face her as the smirk on his features turned into a look of pure dread.

"Oh, shoot, please don't tell me I just said that out loud..." Hiro deadpanned as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Yeah, you kinda did..."

"Aw, dang it! I was gonna wait to tell you that when the time was right!"

"And when would that have been?"

"I don't know, way later than this, I guess... I majorly screwed up, didn't I?" Hiro sighed as he sheepishly pulled his hood up to cover his face in embarrassment.

"What do you mean? Why would you have screwed up by telling me that you like me?"

"Well, this is the kind of stuff that ruins friendships. I don't want you to hate me and I don't wanna lose you to someone else..."

"Hiro, I could never hate you! You've been my best friend since forever ago and honestly... you're my crush too." (Y/n) said as she shyly crossed her hands behind her back.

"Wait, are you serious?! Please tell me you're serious..." 

"Yes, I am. It's hard not to like you because you're so smart, kind and funny. I guess I didn't want to ruin our relationship either by telling you..."

"I feel the same way about you (Y/n)..."

"Then would you wanna make this trip to the arcade our first date as boyfriend and girlfriend?" (Y/n) questioned as she offered Hiro her hand.

The boy smiled brightly as he took her palm into his and stood right next to her.

"Absolutely." Hiro chuckled before (Y/n) leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. 

With a lovestruck look on Hiro's face and a small giggle from (Y/n), the pair continued down the streets of the town, arms and hands cheerily linked together.