Nico Di Angelo X Child of Apollo!Reader Pt.2

"Yo, Neeks, you in there?!" (Y/n) shouted as she knocked on the Hades Cabin door. Nico and her had become best friends a few days after the concert, and were now practically inseparable. She knocked a few more times before the door swung open to reveal Nico with messier hair than usual.

"What are you doing, (Y/n)? It's like, 8 in the morning!" Nico questioned as he squinted tiredly.

"First of all, it's noon already, second, I'm here because I finally figured out the song!" (Y/n) relayed to her best friend.

"Wait, really?! You've been working on learning it forever by now." Nico stated, closing the door as he walked out to (Y/n)

"I know, that's why I came to tell you! Go get some regular clothes on and meet me in the amphitheater in like twenty minutes, ok?" (Y/n) told Nico as she nodded her head.

"Got it! I'll see you there!" Nico agreed as (Y/n) waved and ran off to the amphitheater. Nico went back into his cabin and got ready, grabbed an apple from the mess hall then went off to find (Y/n).

He finally made it to the amphitheatre where he saw (Y/n) grabbing a guitar. Once she noticed him walking through the entrance, (Y/n) jogged over to Nico and gave him a hug, which he gladly reciprocated.

"Ok, you ready for this?" (Y/n) inquired almost nervously.

"Totally, but what's wrong? Do you need more time to get ready?" Nico answered his best friend, who shook her head in reply.

"No, I-I'm ready to go. I just really want things to- to go right, know what I mean?"

"Don't worry, (Y/n). It's gonna be great. Trust me." Nico assured as he pulled (Y/n) for another hug.

"I hope you're right, Nico." (Y/n) sighed before pulling away from Nico's embrace and going to the theater's stage. Once she got into place, (Y/n) grabbed her guitar and began playing the song she had prepared.

"If you'll be my star,
I'll be your sky.

You can hide underneath me and come out at night
When I turn jet black and you show off your light

I live to let you shine

But you can skyrocket away from me
And never come back if you
Find another galaxy

Far from here
With more room to fly
Just leave me your stardust to remember you by."

The song that (Y/n) was singing was much slower than any other song Nico had ever heard her sing before, but he thought it was even more magical than the first time he had heard her.

"If you'll be my boat
I'll be your sea
A depth of pure blue just to probe curiosity
Ebbing and flowing
And pushed by a breeze

I live to make you free

But you can set sail to the west if you want to
And pass the horizon
'Till I can't even see you

Far from here
Where the beaches are wide
Just leave me your wake to remember you by

If you'll be my star
I'll be your sky

You can hide underneath me and come out at night
When I turn jet black
And you show off your light

I live to let you shine

But you can skyrocket away from me
And never come back if you find another galaxy

Far from here
With more room to fly
Just leave me your stardust to remember you by

Stardust
To remember you by."

(Y/n) sang the last few notes of the song before Nico stood up and began clapping. He ran over to her and brought her into a tight hug.

"(Y/n), that was amazing. I knew you were a great singer, but this was on another level."

"I'm really glad you liked it, Nico. It feels good to know you were here to listen." (Y/n) told the child of Hades with a shy smile.

"I loved it, but why did you decide on such a soft song? Your performances are typically pretty upbeat." Nico pondered as he and (Y/n) walked away from the amphitheater.

"Well, if I'm honest, this whole thing was only for you to hear... I wanted a song that told you how I feel about you..."  (Y/n) told Nico in a hushed voice. Nico stopped dead in his tracks as he tried to comprehend what his best friend just said.

"What?..."

"I... Like you, Nico. I have ever since I met you at the concert."

"I- uh, I..." Nico stuttered as he tried to find the right words.

"Gods, I knew it. I knew this was a bad idea!" (Y/n) claimed as she began to run away from Nico.

"No, (Y/n), wait!" Nico called out as he tried to run after her. He pushed past lots of campers and even jumped over a group of Iris kids to try and catch up, but he lost her within a few seconds.

Nico searched everywhere he could think of, but he had no luck in finding (Y/n). Eventually, he made his way to the fireworks beach, where he stopped to catch his breath. Kicking up a bit of sand, he sat on the ground and placed his head in his hands.

"Gods, I just had to hesitate, didn't I ?!" He yelled as he took a rock from the sand and threw it at the water.

"I can't believe it... I ruined my chances with the girl of my dreams... I destroy everything I touch."

"Nico Di Angelo, don't you dare talk about my best friend like that." Someone said from behind Nico. He whipped his head around to see (Y/n), with a few stray years running down her face.

"(Y/n)! (Y/n), I'm so sorry for making you upset! I really didn't mean to-" Nico rambled as he speedily got up. (Y/n) interrupted him by placing a hand on on of his shoulders.

"Neeks, it's fine. I should be the one apologizing to you. I didn't want to run away, but I was just so embarrassed. I'm really sorry..." (Y/n) muttered as she tried to hold back a few tiny sobs.

"No, it's okay... We're okay..." Nico mumbled as he put his arms around (Y/n). She did the same, holding onto to the back of his jacket. They simply held each other, afraid the other one might float away if they let go.

"Hey, (Y/n), before you hate me for the rest of our lives, I have a question for you." Nico said after an unusually quiet minute between them.

"What is it?" (Y/n) asked as she wiped the last of her tears away.

"Would you be my girlfriend?... I love you too much to not have you in my life." Nico whispered as he looked deep in (Y/n)'s eyes. She chuckled a little bit and nodded her head in confirmation.

"Yes, I will be your girlfriend, Nico." (Y/n) said with a tiny smile on her tear-stained face. Nico then tugged (Y/n) closer to him and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.  When the Hades boy pulled his lips away, his head was pulled downward, directly onto the Apollo girl's lips.