Arguing in front of your child

You grew more worried as the time slowly goes by and the sky gets darker. Adam has promised you that he would arrive home by 8pm to spend more time with his family but it's already 11pm.

You sat on the couch groaning as you felt your eyes closing on there own as time went by. Suddenly, you heard the door clicked open reveling Adam walking into the house while carrying a duffle bag. You stood up and went to him before asking.

"I thought you said that you were going to come home early?" Adam sighed before replying, "I'm tired y/n. We can talk about this another time." You rolled your eyes and held onto him preventing him from walking away.

"Another time? How many times have you been avoiding me huh? If you don't care about my feelings, at least think about Jay. He's so young and all he asks me everyday is 'where is dad?'". You just wanted Adam to spend more time with Jay and not him to not have a farther figure by him.

"Well I'm working for this family. Who else is going to pay for the bills and food?" You hated this side of  Adam, it makes it sound like you were worthless and you didn't do anything to help the family. "Do you think I'm that free to? I have work too you know? I'm also part of paying the bills. Stop making it sound like everything is your doings!"

You slightly raised your voice at dam making him look down in guilt. All of a sudden, both of you heard a crying Jay, standing by the side. Your eyes soften at the sight of your son crying. You Immediately went up to him before pulling you into his embrace and caressed his fluffy hair.

"Shh...it's okay baby. Don't cry." You repeatedly said trying to calm him down. Jay pulled away and stared at you with his big doe eyes "Why are the both of you yelling at each other." He mumbled, trying to hold back his tears from falling.

"No we are not shouting at each other baby, we are just talking but we forgot to lower our volume." You comforted as Jay proceeded "will you two divorce?" Your eyes widened at the word "what? Where did you learn that from?" You asked as Jay fiddled with his fingers.

"At school Max told me that his mommy and daddy argued and they had something called a divorce" He started sobbing again, "And now he doesn't see his daddy much", But now Adam took him in his arms before saying "We are not going to divorce buddy, we will always love each other" Adam smile as Jay started to wipe away his tears and asked,

"Pinky promise?" He sticks out his pinky as Adam chuckled and interwined their pinkies together. you couldn't help but to smile at the sight before going up to them and pulling them into a hug "I love you both.". You mumbled as Adam kissed your forehead, "I love you mama and dada too"