Pink Procrastinators

Song: Kill the Lights by Set it Off

Warnings: Major Character Death

Stop there and peer inside of me

Joe walked across the pier, today; he was setting off on a journey. He was prepared to go wherever the wind took him, this was his new life. On the ocean, free of any chains that bound him to the mainland. No friends to laugh with, no family to love, no people to adore.

He climbed aboard the great wooden boat, it was both decadent and elegant in beauty and size. Furnished with chairs and tables and everything one would need for a comfortable living.

He walked over to main control room, and turned the wheel to head into the ocean. Where else would you go except there while going on a water bound journey?

You'll find a man once lost at sea

As his great ship made headway across the seven seas he was driven left by the allure of a beautiful maidens voice, singing sweet symphonies that would unbeknownst to him lay unfinished,

The water made way as the boat continued, the singing lured Joe and his crew astray, it was a sweet and elegant voice, it reminded him of his life, the adventures he was about to have, and the great times that he enjoyed. His hand, as if automatically, steered the boat towards the voice, the wonderful, beautiful voice that he enjoyed so deeply, even though it had only been a few minutes.

The voice, the elegant voice, led him to a small island, the great ship slowly touched the sandy beach, as he climbed out of the ship, in a corner, he could see a young maiden, with beautiful flaming red hair, a gorgeous flower crown, singing. He ordered his crew to stay put, with great disappointment, the crew agreed, as Joe alone, approached the girl.

But all the while I would think to myself

The illusion snapped, and he returned to reality, the one singing was no fair maiden, it was a monster, a monster with decaying green skin, along with the blazing, dangerous, flaming red hair, a crown made from thorns sat on her head, as she grinned at the sailor. She was pretty, but not in a way that Joe of the hills would appreciate now.He heard the clouds above roar with thunder, lightning striking down around the island. The waves grew in size around him as he hurried towards his beloved ship and crew.

The waves crashed into the boat, lightning electrifying the sail, tearing it down along with the rest of the ship. the wood split open, chests falling into the water and the screams of his crewmates echoed in his mind.

He ran to the edge of the ship and shouted, "I trusted you!"

The siren laughed at the chaos before her, poison green eyes gleaming with delight at the catastrophe.

"I guess that was your mistake, dear. I hope we can meet again in another life. For this one was never meant to be!" She cackled maniacally as the last of Joe's ship was torn down, taking him with it.

Water invaded the captain's lungs, him instinctively inhaling it on impact as he choked on the nonexistent air. His vision blurred, and his limbs grew numb as his consciousness floated away down the into a stream.

It's not the end. It's not the end at all

Score: 11 (Spectator Favourite)