Sapphire Simps

Words: Cupcakes, fireworks, fake, feathers

How long had it been since he had last come by here? Doc couldn't tell. The ocean breeze felt soothing as it crashed against his skin, his body gliding downwards rather easily as he flew in the direction of the shopping district. He needed resources, and he had some diamonds that he was reluctantly ready to give away.

As he landed down on the island, he could see that a lot had changed. With Scar in charge, a lot of the sickly purple fungus had been replaced by a fresh layer of grass, though the aftermath of the recent war still remained embedded into the soil.

For a reason unbeknownst to him, however, he could feel some disturbance in the air. The place was loud, with the chatter of who knew how many people. His relaxed gait quickly led him to the Town Hall, the centre piece of the entire district, only for something to catch his eye.

A party...?

Just by standing at the entrance, Doc could see...5 Hermits. No, 6. No, 7. He saw Hermits that weren't online much hanging out together. He saw cupcakes being exchanged, food being eaten. He saw dancing with friends. He heard music blasting. He saw Hermits laughing together.

Without him.

Doc slowly made his way up the Town Hall's steps quietly, for some reason not wanting to make a scene. As he got closer, he could tell that almost every single active Hermit was on.

"Almost", because one Hermit was missing.

Doc paused as he watched the hHermits mingle in the crowd, chattering about in a near mindless manner, basking in the warmth of each others presence. He hadn't seen this many happy faces in one place for a while.

He just stood off to a side, before all of a sudden, a shoulder brushed against his side, shoving him harshly.

"Oh, sorry..." It was Bdubs beside him, speaking in a way that was customary, and somewhat automatic. It was only when he finally looked up that the horror could really be seen. Like he had just seen a horde of mobs poised for attack, or rather, a Doc that was clearly out of his element.

He looked like he wanted to speak, but Doc simply turned around. "Save it." He sighed, lining up his rockets before starting to take flight.

Doc didn't know why they hadn't invited him, but if they didn't, then they obviously didn't want him there. What fake friends, huh...?

He didn't want to be here anymore. Not for a second longer. He took but some rockets and flew off with his Elytra, back to his base. Far, far away from here

First Bdubs sold his half of the mansion, and now they don't even invite me to a party.

He was almost at his base, passing over the GOATmother's statue, when he started to fall. The all too familiar sound of a ripping elytra sounded loudly in his ears, barely breaking through the agonizingly loud wind that bashed against his body. He tried his best to swerve out of the way, but he was already on the mainland now.

The harsh reality of the even harsher ground came into view, and Doc closed his eyes, aware that he was dying alone and unwanted, just the way he was at the party. His broken feathers would take him no further.

<Docm77 hit the ground too hard>

Score: 11(Spectator Favourite)