Chapter ten

Hey everyone. So this will be my last update until the new years. Why? I'm going to the beach. WOOOH. I gonna get my surf on =P. Not really.

Anyway enjoy this chapter.

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year

Chapter ten

Isaac’s POV (Son)

“According to law, you legally aren’t alpha of this pack.” The elder told me as he closed the large law book on the table “Unless our Luna does not bring back your father alive then you are not alpha and the responsibility of the pack is legally in Kent’s hands.” Kent’s head lifted up to stare at the elder.

“Pardon?” By the looks of it he was slightly shocked to be back in his role as beta.

“Since Isaac hasn’t resigned you cannot pass down your role to Delos yet.”

“This is ridicules.” Delos growled at the elder “Isaac has been Alpha of this pack for the past four years and you’re telling him he’s legally not alpha anymore? It’s stupid.”

“I’m sorry Delos.” The elder shut the booked before shoving it under his arm and leaving.

“I’m going to slaughter my mother.” I growled clenching my hands into fists “Being alpha is the only thing I have.”

“Isaac, I’m sorry-“ I stopped Kent in his sentence with a glare.

“You better run along to your pretty little mate before I kill you as well.” Kent bowed his head quickly and walked out the room leaving me with Delos who headed over to the brandy cabinet. I watched him I open it and pour himself a drink before handing me one as well.

“So I suppose you better move your stuff out of this room before your mother arrives with your father.”

“I don’t even know if he’s alive yet.” I told him taking a sip and Delos shrugged.

“There is no way he wouldn’t be. From what my mother tells me a mates bond is the strongest thing that can hold two people together. If he dies then you don’t have a Luna and you would need to leave the pack to find her.”

Grunting I moved in my seat trying to get comfortable or should I call it my father’s seat since he basically still owns the place. God I hate him. I haven’t even met him and yet my haltered grows for him every day. Drowning the rest of my drink I slammed my laptop shut and stood up. Grabbing it I left my cup on the table before leaving my father’s office.

Lauren’s POV

My body slowly shifted back into my human form and I finally let out the breath I had been holding. My legs started to ache from where they were folded underneath my body and I finally looked up towards Isaac. He still hadn’t move and I scrambled over towards him.

“Isaac.” I said lifting up his head so I could see his face. His eyes were closed and his breathing was soft. “Isaac. Open your eyes. It’s okay.” There was no response from him and I moved his hair away from his face. The sparks I used to know tingled in my hands and he stirred slightly but other than that no movement.

The sound of ground crumbling made me turn around and growl at whoever it was. Yasmine stood there with her hands raised slightly. “Lauren. I can help.” Narrowing my eyes at her I looked behind her for any movement.

“How do I know I can trust you?” I asked her and she sighed.

“We travelled together for two months. Not once had I attacked you or threatened you in anyway.” Nodding slowly I let her come closer and kneel down beside me and looked Isaac over. “He’s under some kind of drug effect. May I?” She gestured to touch him and I nodded.

She touched his cheek softly before bringing her hand back and before I could stop her she slapped him. She turned back to look at me “I thought it would-“ A hand came out of nowhere and clamped itself around her wrist. My eyes travelled up the arm to the body it belonged to where the face turned to face Yasmine.

“Did you just slap me?” He growled out tightening his grip on Yasmine’s wrist. She whimpered and looked at me for help.

“Isaac. Stop its okay. She was only helping.” His head turned to me and I saw his eyes narrow at me behind the long hair and he lost his grip on Yasmine.

“Lauren?”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (I was gonna leave it there but I didn’t have enough words so I just decided to go one where I was gonna lead onto the next chapter.)

Sitting Isaac down, he stared at me for a long moment trying to take in my words. “So let me get this straight. I was kidnapped by rogues and brought here after the rogue attack?”

“Yes. I mean, don’t you remember that?” He shook his head slowly as he tried to remember anything. “Okay. So what’s your last memory before you woke up here a few hours ago?”

“Well I just dislocated your arm and we just left the doctor’s office then, nothing.” Standing up I stretched my back and I watch him look over my body in awe. “I’m really am sorry Lauren. I mean I was a jerk. If I could go back then I wouldn’t have done it at all. If I had only known why” He muttered the last part to himself before he grunted and moved his injured leg.

“So tell me how many years I’ve been missing?”

“Twenty. Nearly twenty-one years.”

“Why would they keep me so long and just not kill me?” He asked me and I shrugged.

“I don’t know. Perhaps I should explain a lot of things to you. From where your memories leave you actually improved your personality a lot and when I say a lot, I mean drastically.” He was silent for a moment before he nodded.

“Did I show you the humans?” Nodding I helped him to his feet again.

“You told me a lot of things.” He winced as he stood up and hopped on one leg for a moment before resting his weight on me.

“Okay. Just let me let this sink in for a moment before you tell me anymore.” He ran his hand through his hair and shoved it back out of his face. Chuckling I watched Yasmine move beside him and he placed a hand on her back.

“I’ll explain everything else when we get back to the pack house.” He nodded as I shifted. The look on his face was of pure shock as he nearly fell over again.

Vote. Comment. Fan