Chapter four

Hey guys sorry for the late update. I've been on camp and on the first day I sprained my ankle cause I'm an idiot. Anyway I hope you enjoy

Chapter four

James had turned out to be the quiet sort of people. He would always have his nose on the ground as he tried to sniff out scents of past rogues. To say the least he was very good at it. When I smelt the ground I didn’t pick up anything until I had smelt it for a minute before picking up the faintest scent of a rogue. If James was in a pack he would defiantly be a tracker and probably their top one.

Yasmine was the complete opposite to what I would have thought she would be like. I would have thought she growled a lot at anything moving when really she bounced on her feet and chased small bunnies or squirrels that crossed our path. She was quite interesting to watch when she jumped on her feet. It reminded me how young she was and it sparked my interest to why she would of left her pack at such a young age.

The sun had started to rise making me realise that we had been walking all night and yet I wasn’t tired. Was it something about traveling as a rogue or just a wolf thing? It made me wonder of what other capabilities a rogue has that a pack animal doesn’t.

When James let out a howl I saw that Yasmine didn’t move. Bother James and Yasmine weren’t moving and I froze as well, listening to the forest. The sound of birds sounded around us but there was no reply to James’s howl. I heard James let out a frustrated growl and continue to walk forward.

Yasmine instantly went back to jumping on the balls of her feet and found a muddy puddle to jump around in sent droplets of water everywhere. I could see the look James was giving her and it wasn’t a happy look. Yasmine took the courage to completely ignore him and give out a little yip for me to join her.

Shaking my head I dropped my head deciding not to get on James’s bad side. Yasmine shook her head at me and suddenly tackled James to the ground. I stopped in my tracks watching the fight going on between them. They clawed at each other and bit into each other’s fur but never drawing blood.

It was quite funny to watch James large wolf submit to Yasmine’s tiny one with a pretend whimper and a sarcastic grin. Yasmine grinned showing all of her teeth and looking at me. It was funny to watch a rogue be so energetic. It reminded me so much of what pack animals would so and yet they were rogues.

Shaking my head as James got off the floor he shook out his ginger hair and stretched his back before he sniffed the ground again. He seemed more relaxed now then he was before. Was that what Yasmine was trying to do? Getting him to loosen up a bit?

James instantly sensed something and he went into a hard sprint making Yasmine and I follow him. The ground beneath my paws turned from damp soil to really muddy ground. Knowing instantly that we had entered another pack’s territory I glanced around. There wasn’t a pack border around and there wasn’t a scent of one either as we got halfway. Instantly knowing that James had just taken us into the middle of a pack’s territory I heard the sound of approaching feet behind me.

Looking over my shoulder a large wolf charged towards me and I let out an angry growl at it. It growled back and I stopped in my tracks so I could launch myself at him. Haring Yasmine’s howl for me at the other side of the boarder I instantly knew she was too far away to see me and as James’s howls joined her I knew they were howling for me.

Quickly phasing into my human form the wolf glared at me. His eyes instantly took in my non-yellow ones and he transformed back as well. He took in my appearance and then he suddenly bowed. “Luna, I had no idea it was you.” I frowned having no idea who this man was.

“It’s okay.” I told him as he stood up and looked around. He ran his hand through his short hair and gave me a long look.

“If you don’t mind me asking but why are you running with rogues?” sighing and pushed my hair behind my shoulder.

“I’ve decided to see what these rogues are doing. Almost as if I’m undercover” He frowned.

“Shouldn’t a warrior do that Luna?” Rolling my eyes I crossed my arms over my chest.

“There are many reasons to why a warrior shouldn’t be doing this job.” Hoping that he believed my lie he nodded slowly. “If you don’t mind I don’t want you to tell anyone that I was here.”

“Yes Luna.” He muttered as he bowed again and transformed back into a wolf. Turning back into my wolf form I headed towards the sound of the two rogues howling and as soon as they caught sight of me Yasmine gave me a one look over before licking my ear lightly. James inspected me as well but stared at me for a long time almost wondering why I wasn’t dead.

He sniffed the ground before he started to walk. I blew out a breath of relief as they realised that I must have killed the wolf.

Isaac’s (Son) POV

Light pressed against my eyes as I groaned and realised it was time for me to get up. I had hardly slept through the night as I realised that my body had started to become restless with not having our mate. Running my hand over my head I headed into the bathroom. Stripping out of my clothes I stepped into the shower.

The sound of my bedroom door opening told me that the maids were doing their rounds. I heard the girl hum to herself as she stripped the bed and replaced the sheets with new ones. I heard her bundle up the old sheets and leave the room quietly trying not to disturb me. Sighing to myself I turned off the water and wrapped a towel around my waist. Stopping in front of the mirror above the sink I stared at the man who was staring directly back at me.

The man that looked back at me looked exactly like the portrait of my father which was down in the alpha’s library and I growled in frustration. Curling my hand into a fist my hand hit the mirror making it crack and shatter around my hand. Taking my hand away slowly I let out a sigh.

I needed to see my mother apologies for the way I had talked to her last night. Changing into some jeans and a shirt I headed down to the room at the end of the hall. The door was closed and I knocked loudly on the door. Deciding on not waiting for a reply I pushed the door open to see an empty bed.

“Mother” I instantly called into the room. Frowning I looked in the bathroom and then the closet and yet no sign of her. Smelling the room I discovered that her scent was faint meaning she hadn’t even entered the room last night. Beginning to get worried I head downstairs to the living room. There was a mated couple sitting on the couch wrapped in each other’s arms making me flinch in jealousy. Checking the kitchen next the three maids told me that their Luna had not come downstairs all last night.

Taking a seat in the dining room I began to get worried about where my mother might be. Delos finally came in followed my William who I had chosen a few months ago to be my third in command. He had instantly fallen into the role as if he was made for it and I was happy that he was taking all his responsibilities.

Sensing my unease they both sat down quietly and Delos spoke first. “Is something wrong?” He asked me as a plate was placed in front of me.

“I can’t find my mother.” I muttered as I started to eat the bacon. Delos shrugged and began to shovel pancakes into his mouth.

“I’m sure she’s fine.” William told me and I sighed.

“Her scent is faint in the house and it’s began to worry me. What is she turned rogue or worse… she’s dead.”

“Your mother would never turn rogue.” Delos told me truthfully. “She’s too dedicated to the pack to turn rogue.”

“I know but-“

“Perhaps you should speak to Kent.” William subjected. Both mine and Delos’s eye’s flew to him and he shrugged “I saw them going into the woods last night.”

“You didn’t stop them?” I asked him and he shook his head.

“Why would I? It was Kent. He’s one of the most trusted members of the pack.” Growling lightly I pushed my chair back and decided to go search for Kent.

Comment, Vote, Fan