chapter sixteen

Hey guys. I'm not going to say much. I've been really unwell lately so i dont know when the next chapter will be up. I hope you like it

Chapter sixteen

Isaac POV

Chuckling as I slid the fork into my mate’s mouth as she giggled like crazy from the romantic gesture, she placed her hand down on mine which had the fork in it and swallowed “You know we should go to something later.” She whispered to me as a maid scurried past us. I grinned thinking of many things we could do later but then my smile fell and I sighed.

“I wish I could but I have to arrange for the party tomorrow night and I have to teach your son some theory.” She leaned forward in the stood and grinned at me.

“You are such a good father.” She leaned forward, nuzzling my nose with hers before placing a soft kiss on my lips. I went to go grab her stool but we were forced apart by a deep growl. Looking up, I saw my son standing there furious at the sight he just witnessed.

“Yes?” He glared at me and rolled his shoulders back noticing he was hunching over.

“I believe you wanted to see me at this time.”

“Oh of cause” Standing up from my seat, I brushed off the crumps on my lap and pushed the cake towards my Lauren. “You have the rest.” She grinned at me and picked up the fork.

“Are you trying to make me fat?” She asked as she stuffed a mouthful into her mouth and I laughed.

“Of cause darling” She chuckled as I left with my son trailing behind me.

“I really don’t like seeing you and my mother so intimate in the kitchen.” He growled at me making me roll my eyes and look down at him.

“I didn’t know you were in charge of me. I’m sorry for caring for my mate.” I told him lazily as he growled again. Walking towards the library, I could hear Isaac’s feet getting louder and louder as he started to drag his feet along the floor.

“Why are we at the library? I thought we were going to practise.”

“We are. I just have to make sure of some things.” I opened up the double doors and sat down on the old couch. It’s been a while since I’ve been in here but the scent was still the same. My son stared at me as I picked up a nearby book and flicked through it.

“Who was the seventh beta of the pack?” I asked him randomly and he frowned.

“Beta Andr-“

Wrong” I said cutting him off. He crossed his arms getting frustrated as he tried to rack his brain for the correct information.

“Who was the twenty-first delta?” I asked him expecting the right answer only to see him glare at me.

“Who cares who the deltas and Beta’s of the pack was. They aren’t important-“

“Who takes care of the warriors?” I asked him expecting the right answer.

“The alpha of cause”

“No, the beta does. Do you know what a delta does?”

“He does most of the paper work…” He trailed off realising what a horrible mistake he made.

“No. He is the man in charge of making sure that every family in the pack is well looked after from food to furniture. Now what does an alpha do?” There was no reply from my son so I continued “They are there to protect the pack. They pass every command from their warriors and they are the ones who do the paper work. Not the deltas or betas so if that was what you were doing-“

“I didn’t have a delta.” He mumbled. I was silent. Anger boiled inside of me and I clenched the book in my hands but not enough to cause it damage.

“No delta?”

“I let Delos do all of the family stuff.” He grumbled making me growl.

“You selfish little-“ Throwing the book down, I marched over to the book case and pulled out book after book on the shelf and threw them down on the table in front of my son.

“Before you even think of doing combat again, you need to read every one of these books.” I said grabbing the two on the top of the stack “And then once you’ve done that, you need to read all of these on the past of our pack.” I placed my hand on the other deck of three books. They were at least seven hundred pages long, maybe longer but if this is what I have to make my son do to learn, then so be it.

“You are not allowed to leave here until I get you.” He looked up at me and frowned.

“But-“

“Be quiet and start reading.” He growled and me and grabbed the first combat book.

“I’m not a little kid.”

“Well it seems you are acting like one.” I shouted back at him making him growl once again and me storm out of the door to start the plans on tonight.

Isaac POV (Son)

Growling as I grabbed the first book, I flipped it open to the first page. It was covered in a unique pattern and I frowned as I ran my hand over it before opening to the first page.

This book is to teach you the rules of combat. The rules and techniques you will learn throughout the book will teach you all you need to know about combat…

I already knew everything about combat. I have fought rogues before. They can’t be much different from anything else. Why my ‘father’ was making me read this is pointless since I already knew it all.

Skipping through the first page, I came to the first rule.

Rule number one- focus

Focus is the number one key rule in combat. Your mind needs to multi-task while you are fighting another wolf by making sure you are aware of your surroundings while you are fighting. You can’t let your mind drift off to thinking of your mate because you opponent will strike at your disadvantage and kill you instantly…

My eyebrows instantly shot up. How could they put this into words? It’s hard for a wolf not to think about their mate while they are in wolf form or in their human form. It is what they need to stay grounded and it confused me to why you couldn’t think about them. Perhaps there is something to learn from these books.

Vote, Comment, Fan