Chapter Seven

Hey guys so I wanted to post this to cheer anyone else up who's out there feeling low. Personally I've had the worst day of my life so I hope everythings going okay for everyone else.

Enjoy

Chapter Seven

Lauren’s POV

I stared at the four rogues as they stared into the forest. Yasmine was the first to snap out of it. She whined and then looked at me. Her wolf lips curled into a frown and I slowly walked to her. The two brothers changed into their wolf form as soon as they regained their senses. “Did you all hear that?” Nodding my head along with Yasmine as James morphed back into his human form. I heard him grunt and scratch the side of his head.

“Do you know where it is?” He asked the two brothers and both of them shrugged.

“I’ve never heard of the place. Perhaps we should just keep heading North-“

“No. It will lead us to nowhere. We will be met by the ocean and I’d rather not spell salt water.”

“What do you suggest we do then? We can’t just stay here. We’ll be caught by a patrol or a pack.” Changing back I paced from one foot to the other slightly uncomfortable.

“Um I don’t mean to intrude on your little, er, debate but perhaps I could help.” I suggested trying to sound helpful.

“How?” The taller of the two boys asked.

“Um” Think Lauren. Think. “Could you remind me where were going again?” I asked and James sighed crossing his arms over his chest.

“Craven’s Forest” The name sounded familiar. Sitting down on a fallen tree I scratched at the top of my head trying to think.

“Craven’s Forest” I repeated to myself trying to memorise some of the things I had read back when I was much younger. Then it hit me. Craven’s forest was a large isolated piece of land where no creature would dear walk because of the marsh, swamp like ground.  “I know where it is.” I said slowly trying to remember anything very specific. “Do you know where about in Craven’s Forest we need to actually be?” I asked and they all shrugged.

“No. The leader just said there will be a welcome for us.” Sighing it made it even harder to actually enter the forest. Most of it was surrounded by large hills and the small pathways were often covered with hunter traps. Well so the story said.

“Right, I knew that.” I eyed the rogues and stood up. “I could take you there easily. We have to cross through a few pack lands-“

“Oh no” The brothers automatically replied shaking their head and every limb on them

“We are not going into any damn pack lands.” The taller of the two spoke clenching his hands.

“Well did you cross straight in the middle or what?”

“I, well, um…” Sighing I crossed my arms over my chest.

“I’ve found a much safer way to actually get across pack lands. I leaned it from the days I actually was a pack member.” The brothers slowly agreed to my request and I phased back into my wolf form urging them to follow. Hopefully this will be the last leg of my journey to my mate.

Isaac’s POV (Son)

Growling I banged my fist against the glass table sending a large crack in it. The three women chatting suddenly stopped and looked at me with wide eyes. Looking up at them I sighed and waved my hand to them. “Sorry ladies.” They returned to their conversation and an arm wrapped around my shoulders.

“Isaac perhaps you need some good old fashioned coco.” Looking down I smiled at my grandmother’s suggestion.

“It’s okay grandmamma-“

“No come on. I will not have you trashing the pack house and the kitchen is the place you will do the least damage.” Frowning at her logic I followed her towards the kitchen. I had only been in here once or twice when I was a young boy but it still had that smell of chocolate cookies and I inhaled it immediately. “Here.” A cup was forced into my hands and I looked at my grandmother who was staring at me. “Come on. Drink up.” Sighing I brought the cup to my slips and took a large swallow burning the back of my throat in the process.

“Happy?” I asked her and she rolled her eyes.

“You know you need to stop worrying about your mother.” She told me as she leaned onto a nearby counter.

“She needs my protection-“

“She is not a child.” She reminded me “I know that you feel protected of her because she’s your mother but she is not a child.”

“What if I lose her Grammy?” I asked her and she sighed and shook her head.

“For those we lose there is always an opportunity for another.” Frowning I swallowed the rest of the drink. “Are you scared?” She asked me and I nearly choked on the coco.

“What?” I managed to sputter out.

“Are you scared that she will find your father in the end?”

“Of cause not-“

“What if she does and she brings him back? You must remember that you will have to instantly hand back over your alpha role to him since he did not legally give it to you.”

“I will fight for it.” I growled and she shook her head.

“When did fighting solve anything? Have you learned nothing from what your mother has been telling you for the last twenty years?” Groaning I placed the cup down on the counter.

“That man does not deserve to be alpha-“

“He has as much right to it as you do Isaac. I seem to remember most of the treaties were made under his name than any other alpha in our packs history.”

“They were afraid of him-“

“How many have you lost?” She suddenly asked me knocking me a little.

“Excuse me?” I looked down at her and she narrowed her eyes.

“How many have you lost?”

“That is none of-“

“How many, Isaac?” She asked again more demanding.

“Five.” I muttered and she shook her head in disappointment.

“You know your father was more than just feared. He also upheld those treaties and he was a very honourable man. He protected those packs with his life. Now if you excuse me. I believe you have some things to think about.” She muttered setting her own cup down and leaving me there staring after her.

Mystery POV

My head scraped against the brick wall and I groaned. Sitting up I glanced around the brick room. It was just me in here. There was a black metal door and the only light came through a crack in the concrete in the wall. Shuffling slightly in my spot as a drop of something dripped onto my head I looked up. A shutter was opened and a man stood there grinning “Rise and shine cupcake. You’re gonna have a party.” He chuckled before dumping a bucket of water onto my head making me cringe and shuffle again. The shutter slammed shut and I stood up slowly.

My legs felt like they couldn’t hold me anymore and I held myself against the wall and glanced at my hands. The bone had started to poke through my skin and I crawled slowly towards the puddle which had formed on the floor. The man that stared back at me wasn’t the early twenty year old. White hairs had started to form on my scalp and my cheeks were hollow from the lack of nutrition. It made me wonder how long I was asleep for and then a thought suddenly hit me.

“Lauren."

Vote, Comment, Fan