Chapter two

Hey everyone. Sorry for the long wait and all but I've been really busy. It's term four and I'm being bombarded by assignments and test and I'm just really stressing. So this is a long chapter and it's uneddited so if you see any mistakes point them out please.

Also if you could check out my friend Anorafox's new book 'Kaitlyn' then she would really appriciate it. Thanks guys

Enjoy

Chapter two

“Do you understand why I have to leave?” I asked Kent as he sat on the couch. He slowly stroked his chin and nodded.

“You’re right Lauren. Your son does depend too much on you.” Sighing in relief maybe for once he did understand me. “May I see the note?” Nodding my head I dug in my back pocket and pulled out the small crumbled note and handed it over to him.

The emotions changed as he read the note. Wringing my hands throughout each other I was anxiously waiting for him to see if he can help me across the border of the pack. “Don’t you think that maybe it’s a trap?” He asked me and I shook my head.

“No. I feel it in my heart that he’s still alive and I understand if you think it’s a trap but I can agilest try can’t I?”

“But one mistake and you can kill yourself in an instant.” He told me truthfully. Biting down on my lip I knew he was right “I also know that you are the only family your son has left and if you died then he would have no one.” He sighed. I could see him fighting something on the inside “But if you left he would be forced to look for his mate and finally take full responsibility.” He ran a hand through his short greying hair and laid his head back on the couch. “Who am I to question the love for a mate though?” He asked me as a small smile crept onto his lips. My spirits instantly lifted and I felt my lips go into a large grin on my face.

“Thank you so much Kent. When do I leave?” I watched him look up at the clock and then look back to me.

“Now would be best.”

“Now? But I have to pack and-“ He shook his head as he stood from the couch.

“This is a trip you must take in the form as your wolf. To be able to be accepted by rogues you must pretend to be a rogue. Rogues like to spend most of their time in their wolf form.” He opened his bedroom door and instructed me to follow him. He didn’t say anything for the trip down the forest and I could almost see him trying to step light on his feet and I followed his every move.

As soon as we were in the forest he turned to me and started to unbutton his shirt. “Another thing about rogues is that they never take carry-on with them. When they change into human form they are always naked.”

“Seriously?” I asked him and he nodded as he finally stripped out of his shirt. Quickly leaving him to do the rest I undressed and changed quickly into my wolf that was leaping for joy. I hadn’t let her out in a few weeks and I knew she had been dying to.

Stepping out from around the tree Kent was there in his wolf form waiting for me to return. As soon as he caught sight of me he swayed his head to instruct me to go further into the forest and we took off into a gallop.

I could see him glance back at me a few times to make sure I wasn’t going to back out and just as I was building up speed he stopped. Stopping by his side I was faced with a highway. This was the border of my son’s territory. It was basically abandoned and the tarmac looked new here. Glancing over at Kent I saw him surveying the other side of the road. Then he nudged my back legs and I stumbled onto the road. Glancing back at him lightly he nodded his head and turned around back into the forest.

Slowly taking my time crossing my road I came to the other side eventually. Sniffing the floor there was a faint scent there telling me this was the border of another pack. The mud felt different underneath my paws here. Almost like it was completely different. I suppose never running in my wolf form in my old pack never really taught me anything about the land there. The soil felt hard and broken up while in my son’s territory it was soft and easy to step on.

Sniffing the floor again I started to quietly walk deeper into the pack land. The sudden sound of a howl coming from behind me made me glance over my shoulder. A chocolate coloured wolf was suddenly charging at me and my wolf suddenly jumped into action. My legs suddenly sprang into action and I started running along the border. My wolf was suddenly making it into a game as she weaved in and out of trees and in and out of the border line.

Glancing behind me again the wolf had been joined by two other and snapping their jaws at me. My legs began to ache as I travelled further and further up north. A wolf jumped in front of me as I started to slow down and I finally came to a stop. Panting loudly I sank down into a submissive position with my head between my paws and lying flat on the ground.

The large wolf cocked his head to the side before shifting back into a human. “A rogue showing submissive? Is this some kind of joke?” The men behind me laughed and I slowly changed back into my human form still trying to get enough air into my lungs.

“I’m sorry to inform you alpha” I told him slowly as I regained my breath “But I am not a rogue.” I watched him kneel down to my height and study me for a moment.

“You were messing with my patrol wolves. I would call that rogue.”

“I’m dearly sorry about that alpha. My wolf hasn’t been let out in a while and she’s a bit… excited.” I watched him study my face before looking at my shoulder. His fingers brushed the hair away from my shoulder.

“You’re mated?” Nodding my head and then sighing.

“Yes. I have a son back in the neighbouring pack.” Raising an eyebrow he stood back off and waved off his men before helping me stand.

“What’s your name?” He asked me and a smile tugged at my lips.

“Lauren. Most people call me Luna Lauren but I see you an alpha so you don’t have to worry.” A light blush came over his cheeks and he bowed his head to me.

“It’s nice to meet you Lauren. It’s a pleasure to meet…” He trailed off as he thought of something. “Lauren… Isn’t your mate dead?” He asked me and I shook my head grinning.

“It’s hard to explain…”

“Lucas.”

“Lucas.” I said slowly “Um, I got a note from an anonymous tipper saying my mate was still alive.”

“Don’t you think that perhaps it’s a trap?” He asked me and I shrugged.

“I don’t know but I feel in my heart that he’s still alive. I love him with all my heart and if he was still alive I would find him.” Lucas slowly took in my words before glancing around.

“Do you think it’s about the rogues travelling in small packs?” He thinks and I shrugged again.

“I’m hoping so. Which is why I’m trying to head north” Lucas glanced around again before nodding.

“I’ll take you there.”

“Really?” He nodded smiling.

“I am yet to find my mate Lauren and if anything happened to her then I would go to the ends of the earth to bring her back.” Lucas morphed into his wolf and I quickly followed. His territory wasn’t as big as I thought it would be and I was kind of glad for it. He transformed back into a human form once be reached his border.

“You should find one of those small packs of rogues Lauren. They’ll be able to show you the way to where you want to go really quickly.” Nodding my head. He waved and quickly said “Keep close to borders or you’ll have another encounter with someone like us.” Amusement flicked in his eyes before he transformed back into his wolf form and sprinted back towards his home. The border wasn’t very significant. It was a small lake that crossed over into neutral land and this was my chance to find a group of rogues and hopefully tag along.

So did you like?

Vote, comment, fan