Chapter fourteen

Heyy guys. So sorry fpr the late update. It's been over like a week and I'm sorry. I did write this chapter already but I've just been so tired and my laptops been retarded that I've never gotten around to it

Sorry

Enjoy

Chapter fourteen

Lauren’s POV

The sound of the door opening caused me to wake up. Sitting up, I saw my mate appear in the room. He moved effortlessly around the room as he removed clothing but finally settling in his boxers.

Lifting up the blanket beside me, he slid in and grinned up at me. “Your son is a very interesting character.” He mused as I lay down beside him.

“Well I did raise him and he’s our son.” I reminded him making him chuckle and wrap his arms around my waist tightly so he could bring me closer.

“That he is.” He mumbled as he nuzzled his head into my neck. Snuggling into his chest, I finally let out a sigh.

“You have no idea how much I missed you.” I muttered as he placed a small kiss on the top of my head.

“I’m sure if I remembered any of it, then I would have missed you just as bad.” He mumbled and I smiled suddenly feeling tired “Sleep. It’s been a long day and tomorrow will be even longer.” Grinning, I placed a single kiss on his bare chest before closing my eyes fully and drifting into darkness.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Banging on our bedroom door woke me. I immediately sat up and rubbed my eyes as the door was thrown open to reveal my son. He was grinning happily with Yasmine quietly following him. “Good morning mother, Father. It seems that it’s seven and you were not in your office father.”

“Being alpha doesn’t require you to get up at a certain time.” My mate grumbled turning over and clutching the pillow to the back of his head.

“Well what about all the important stuff you have to show me today? If we want to get everything done then we have to start now.” Glancing down at my mate I could hear him groan and I knew he was annoyed. Suddenly his head lifted and he looked at my son.

“Jeans and a shirt like that won’t do for what I have planned for you. When you’re ready, then I will be.”

“What? What does that mean? I thought you were going to teach me about being an alpha and now you’re complaining about my fashion sense?”

“Um Isaac” Yasmine placed a hand on his shoulder making him look down at her. “I think he’s taking you to do some physical work.” There was silence in the room and Isaac suddenly grunted and left the room, slamming the door behind him leaving me bewildered and completely confused.

“Okay, what do you have planned?” I asked my mate as he swung his legs over the edge of the bed.

“Once he can get me down on the floor, he can learn the mental side of being an alpha.”

“Isaac, I think he has that side covered. You’re out of your youth in that area. Maybe try something else. I don’t want you hurt.” I heard him chuckle as he wandered over to the wardrobe where I had kept all of his clothes.

“I think I’m fine love. Trust me. I was fifteen when I brought down my father. If he’s been trained by Kent then he’s nowhere he’s supposed to be.” Sighing, I collapsed back into the bed.

Isaac’s POV

Walking down to the training fields, I could hear my son behind me. “You know I could take you down easily right?” He stated to me “I mean you’ve been away for twenty years and I’ve been training. Maybe we should start off with something not so physical, like paperwork.” Rolling my eyes, I flexed my neck as I entered the small training area. The dirt on the floor was exactly how I remember it and only a few men stood around sparing or punching at a punching bag. A few looked up at us. I could see their questioning look when they saw me with their ‘Alpha’ but right now I was going to put this boy into his place. Placing my towel down on the bench, I cracked my knuckles and faced my son who was stretching his arm muscles.

“You know the rules?” I asked and he nodded. “You win this and I’ll hand you the position straight away. No questions asked. If I win you will have to continue training until I think you’re ready.”

“Alright” He smirked “I take you deal. You’re going to regret your words old man.” Grunting, I watched him lean down slightly and ball his hands into fists. Raising my hands up, I started my circling of him.

“You know my mother basically died after you left. She basically killed herself every day.” I could sense he was trying to make me weak with my mate’s pain but seeing her this morning glowing with happiness reminded me that it was in the past.

He threw his fist out towards me but I easily dodged it. “I should thank your mate. She helped me back here. She was very helpful on getting me back here, finding me water and food. A good little fighter” He growled a little and I smirked. Something Kent could never teach him, Emotional block. One thing he could never teach my son. He threw two more punches at me. I easily blocked them by ducking and moving slightly to the left. Seeing him recover after the second one not quick enough, I threw in a punch. Hitting him in the gut.

There was no more talking after that. His full concentration was on me and trying to get at least one punch in. He had a lot of openings for me. His feet were sloppy and I started to get bored from the fight. Landing a punch on his shoulder and then knocking him down with a sharp kick to his knee. He was on the floor in seconds.

His breathing came out hard and I stared down at him. Looking up at me, he glared. “H-how did you do that?” he asked me panting. Tilting my head to the side, I answered him.

“Unlike you, I wasn’t trained by Kent. I trained myself most of the time boy. Being alpha doesn’t revolve around just taking care of a pack. If you can’t defend yourself in a fight then how are you going to defend your own pack? There is always someone out there, bigger and stronger then you. Now if you excuse me, I believe you have some improvements to do here. I have a few calls to make and a pack meeting to prepare.”

“B-but your old. I’ve never been beaten by anyone before.”

“Yes, well, today’s your lucky day. Work on your feet boy. They are horrendous.” I heard him grunt as he lifted himself off the floor and continued to follow me inside.

“You can’t be serious? I’ve been defending this pack since I was sixteen-“

“You are not ready. Once you are ready physically, then I will consider mentally preparing you.”

“Consider?” he barked out. “This pack does not know who you are-“ Whipping around, I grabbed him by the throat. I was slightly taller than him giving me the advantage to stare down at him.

“This pack knows who I am just as much as they know who you are. You are my son and I am your alpha, therefor I have authority over you. You will not try to degrade me nor will you try to command me or I will never hand you my position. Got that boy?” I felt him swallow under my grasp and then nod before I let go of him

“Now I must go.” Turning around, I forced myself to return to my study.

Comment. Vote. Fan