//Chapter 13//

TWO YEARS HAVE PASSED, Athanaris was now 11 years of age while Athanasia is 7 years old.

The royal family of Obelian empire have spent time with each other's many time and nothing much have happened throughout the years except for the occasional pestering of some nobles about Athanaris's marriage.

He have also accidentally met Roger Alpheus's son, Ijekiel Alpheus.

The two have become great friends, always reading at the library or Ijekiel listening to Athanaris's newly composed songs which slightly upsets Claude for he have little to no time with his son to spend time alone with.

Right now, the two are in Claude's office, drinking tea while Athanaris is reading through some paperworks.

The two looked at the door as it opened and in came a bubbly little blonde girl.

"Papa! Big brother! Athy's here!"

"Nowadays you just come and go as you please, don't you."

Athanasia ignored the comment and exclaimed happily with sparkles and flowers blooming in the background, arms stretched as much as she can "All of a sudden, I want to see Papa and Big Brother, this, thiiiis much! So I came right away!"

Athanaris picked her up and sat her on his lap "It's good to see you well Athanasia!"

"Bring it in." Claude said, maids came in not a second after with many desserts.

Athanaris's smile slightly fell 'Everytime I see her, her expressions are pretty fake but when she saw sweets, her emotions are much natural.'

Athanasia chomped down on the desserts happily when Claude asked if she met anyone on the way here and she answered none.

"If you didn't meet them then it's fine. Continue to ignore them in the future." His brows furrowed as he sipped his tea.

Athanaris carefully placed Athanasia beside him and got up, poking Claude between his brows, surprising the two blonde but mostly freaking out Athanasia.

Claude looked directly at his eyes that is identical with his, remembering the first time when his eyes first met Athanaris's.

"Don't furrow your eyebrows Father, it doesn't suit you." Athanaris said before sitting back down.

They spent the rest of their time in silence untill Athanasia have to leave while the other have to go back to their paperwork.

Athanaris saw the tiredness in Claude's eyes so he suggested for him to rest in which the latter refused at but Athanaris is persistent and finally, Claude gave in, he laid down on the couch and closing his eyes, falling asleep at the sound of Athanaris's humming.

__________

CLAUDE WOKE UP TWO HOURS LATER and the first thing he saw was Athanaris looking outside with a hard, cold glare but it was gone after he blinked away the sleepiness and thought he was just imagining things.

"Had a good sleep Father?"

Claude hummed in response, Athanaris handed him a glass of water in which the former took gratefully and drank down quickly but still gracefully.

"Are you going again?" Claude asked.

"Yes. Ijekiel will be here in half an hour, we'll be studying at the library together, maybe spar too."

Claude looked displeased "You should have not associated yourself with the dog's son."

Athanaris sighed "Father, we've talked about this and Ijekiel is nothing like his father so don't be so displeased, will you?"

"I cannot assure you that especially... when there are many pesky pests that wanted a bite." He whispered the last part.

Athanaris didn't catch it and looked confusedly at his father, tilting his head, he asked "Can you please repeat that Father?"

Claude slightly shook his head "No. It's nothing, go on your way then."

"Okay?"

Athanaris stood up and hugged his father, bidding his farewell before going out of the room, leaving Claude to deal with the many stacks of paperworks, half of it was marriage proposals that will surely be burned later on by none other than Claude.

Athanaris went his way to his library, laid on a cushion and closed his eyes for a short nap.

__________

IJEKIEL ALPHEUS approached the library where he will meet the prince, he was ecstatic in seeing his friend again after a week of waiting.

He entered the library quietly and looked around confusedly as he still didn't see the white haired prince.

He walked to the center and gasped softly when he saw Athanaris laying on the cushion, sleeping soundly with quiet snores escaping his mouth.

He hesitated but decided on not waking the prince up.

He crouched down and observed the sleeping face.

He just noticed that Athanaris have really long white lashes, a little mole under his eye and the slight blush that painted the flawless white and supple cheeks, his white hair completing the whole picture as it was slightly curled falling sideways.

'Pretty.'

Was his only thought as he subconsciously reached out a hand, placing it on the milky white cheek, feeling how soft it is, he brushed back a few strands of white hair away, feeling how silky it is.

Athanaris's eyes slowly opened and with his glazed, unfocused jeweled eyes, he stared directly at Ijekiel's golden ones who froze before blushing brightly, he quickly took back his hand before standing back up, covering his now cherry colored face, embarrassed of being caught.

Athanaris slowly sat up, rubbing his sleepy eyes before looking up at Ijekiel whose back is facing him.

"Oh."

He quickly composed himself, wiping the side of his lips, checking if there is any drool, not wanting to embarrass himself in front of his friend.

"When did you arrive?" he asked after checking himself.

Ijekiel looked back at him, blush still evident on his face as he stammered out "U-umm, j-just now... I-I'm not looking at you or anything."

He looked down, embarrassed as he played around with his fingers.

Athanaris chuckled and patted the spot next to him.

Ijekiel went and sat down next to Athanaris.

They both pulled out a book and started reading, the two spent their time in silence, occasionally asking each other some questions.