//Chapter 15//

PALE EYELIDS FELL OPEN, revealing a pair of beautiful jeweled eyes.

The light hit the owner's eyes and he hissed, his eyes squinting.

He slowly opened his eyes one more time and blinked away the sleepiness.

He moved to sit up but his hand touched a few pieces of hair, he looked down and saw a blonde girl sleeping beside him.

"Athanasia, wake up." the whitenette whispered in a hoarse voice due to the lack of use.

"Mnnn....." the blonde woke up, she slowly sat up while rubbing her still sleepy eyes.

Her eye widened, remembering the voice that called out to hear.

She slowly looked to her left and was stunned as she froze, looking at the smiling whitenette.

Athanasia's eyes watered before she threw herself in his arms, yelling "Big brother!"

Athanasia cried in his arms as Athanaris gently ran his hand through her back, humming a soft tune.

After a few minutes, she separated herself, sniffing a few times.

"What happened?" Athanaris whispered, his throat slightly burned.

"Y-You didn't wake up for two months! I woke up after a week of coma but Big Brother didn't!" and her tears started to fall once again.

Athanaris's eyes widened in disbelief, he was about to comfort Athanasia again but the door to his room opened, revealing a red-haired knight on the right and a black-haired child on the left, they were slightly behind the older blonde whose in the middle.

The blonde man was slightly stunned, he stood there for a few seconds before continuing to walk, now in a much faster pace.

It didn't take long for him to walk to the bed, to the child.

"You're awake." Claude whispered in disbelief and relief.

"I'm awake, Father."

Athanaris was quickly embraced by Claude who slightly squeezed him but not enough to hurt him, it's as if he let go, the child in his arms would disappear.

"This is the second time and will be the last time, do you understand?"

"Yes?" Athanaris answered, confused by what Claude said.

Claude separated himself to Athanaris, straightening up, he stared at the black-haired child with cold eyes and asked "Will there be any complications?"

The black-haired child shook his head and answered "There won't be Your Majesty but if His Highness were to use his magic, he might be in danger once again, His Highness's Mana right now is disordered due to the mana that he absorbed. It seems that His Highness's body is very sensitive to another person's mana, if another person's mana were to enter him, it might be a problem because his mana will fight the foreign mana that entered his body and will damage his body."

Claude nodded, eyeing Athanasia for a second before sitting on the bed, he pushed his son to bed once again "Just lay down and rest, I'll order the maids to bring you food, I'll be at my office if you need anything."

Athanaris nodded, not knowing that the room he was in is right beside Claude's office.

Claude got up, planting a loving kiss on his son's forehead before leaving with Felix tailing behind him.

The door closed with a small 'click' and silence enveloped the room.

The awkward atmosphere thickened and lasted for a minute before Athanaris decided to break it.

"Ermm..... Who are you?"

He asked the black-haired child.

The latter slightly bowed in greeting before introducing himself "I'm Lucas Your Highness, I was the one who cured you the Princess."

'Oh?' He raised an eyebrow in his head but smiled gently on the outside "Thank you sir Lucas, it's a pleasure to meet a talented mage such as you."

"You flatter me, Your Highness."

Lucas looked straight at his eyes, Athanaris felt uncomfortable and averted his gaze.

Lucas finally broke his staring and slightly smirked "Interesting. The two of you are the same."

"Pardon?"

"No it's nothing Your Highness."

Athanasia was still there, watching them with a pout on her face, slightly irritated by the sly snake hiding in a child's body.

She cleared her throat, gaining the two's attention.

She eyed Lucas, silently telling him to leave and it seems like Lucas got the message as he bid his goodbyes to the two royals before leaving.

Athanasia smiled brightly at her brother once again.

Not a minute later, a maid came in with a tray of food, the food served to him was light, only containing a bowl of soup, salad and a glass of water.

He ate while listening to Athanasia whose chattering about what she learned this past few months then a question suddenly popped in his mind "What did father do while I was in coma?"

Athanasia chuckled nervously and averted her gaze "Er... You know... This and that... Papa did what he normally does big brother." 'Except that he's being murderous. He's glaring at anything and everything!!!"

"Okay..." Athanaris said unsurely, still suspicious by Athanasia's behavior.

The two continued to chat untill it was time for Athanasia to return to her room.

__________

CLAUDE STARED OUT of the window with a faraway look, Felix stood behind him, just watching.

"It's a good thing that His Highness woke up, don't you think so Your Majesty?"

Claude only hummed before saying in a low voice "It's the second time he went into coma, the first time protecting that wench, the second time was because of the pest. Why does he always sacrifice himself for them?"

Felix opened his mouth and spoke in a small voice, as if coaxing a child "Your Majesty, His Highness really loved and cared for them, that's why-"

"That's enough. Leave."

"But-"

"Leave!"

Felix bit his lips and bowed "Blessings and Glory Upon the Sun of the Obelian Empire."

"What should I do... Amaryllis, he's just like you."

That night, the emperor of Obelian Empire didn't get a wink of sleep as he indulged himself on paperwork, he promised his son not to drink anymore and he won't be breaking that promise.