//Chapter 18//

INSIDE THE DARK ROOM lit by the light of the starts stood a blonde man.

He placed a hand on the crown of the sleeping child's head and patted it twice before whispering a small "Happy Birthday." before getting up and walking out of the room

"Why didn't you greet her when she's awake, Father?" a handsome teen with white hair blurted out as he saw the blonde exiting the room.

The blonde only hummed before hoisting the whitenette up in his arms.

"Ack- Father! You don't have to carry me! I'm a teen now and almost at your height you know?!"

The blonde smirked "That means you're still short, as your height only reaches my neck and besides it has been a long time since I carried you in my arms like I did when you were a child."

The whitenette poked his cheek and deadpanned "You can carry me on your back, yes?"

"No."

"Aiya."

Claude walked in silence as he still carried his son, reminiscing how the past years have been to him.

Athanaris might been the only reason why he's stable after all.

The two arrived at the garden and they sat on a bench, the sun rising on it's horizon.

The morning was relaxing, no sound except the chirping of the birds was heard.

That is until Athanaris spoke "Would you be going to greet Athanasia later? I heard the maids and Lily are going to hold a small party for her."

"No, I have matters to attend to."

"I can do the paperworks if you want to?"

"I said no Athanaris, don't push it."

Athanaris sighed in defeat before nodding his head.

The sun has already risen by the time the two decided to enter the palace again.

Athanaris went straight to his music while Claude went to his office.

Athanaris sat on the chair and looked down at the paper with notes already written on it, he took the quill before starting to write once again, occasionally going to the piano to test out the sounds of each note.

__________

ATHANASIA LOOKED HOPEFULLY at Lily.

"Lily, where's Big Brother?"

Lily smiled at her "His Highness has been busy Princess so he might not be able to visit you. However. . ." she trailed off and took out a box from behind her and handed it to Athanasia, who looked at it in confusion ". . .His Highness have given this to me this morning while you were sleeping, Princess. He said that he was sorry he wasn't able to be with you for the day and that he said 'Happy Birthday' to you."

Athanasia brightened up before opening the box.

She looked at it in shock as she saw a simple but elegantly designed set of jewelries.

It consists of a necklace, a pair of earrings, bracelet, anklet and a hair clip.

Athanasia smiled happily thought there's a hint of sadness in her eyes.

The small party for her Birthday started. Lily, Hana, Cess and Felix was there to celebrate with her.

They ate, chatted and had fun untill dawn.