//Chapter 9//

ATHANARIS LOOKED OVER THE SCENERY, a peaceful expression on his face as he held Athanasia's hand.

Athanasia looked over at him from time to time, admiring her brother's looks.

"Athanasia" he called out to the child quietly.

Athanasia tilted her head to look directly at him "Yes, Brother?"

"What do you think?"

"Think of?"

"Think of father"

Athanasia froze, her face slightly stiffened and looked anywhere but him "I-I don't know?"

Athanaris only hummed in response and they continued to walk peacefully while Felix watched them from the back with happy tears.

"You know Athy, Father might seem cold at first but as days passed, you'll know him more and understand him" he smiled at her.

Before Athanasia can even reply, they have already arrived at the ruby palace, greeted by the sight of the frantic maids.

Lily snatched Athanasia quickly and held her in a protective hug, Athanaris only smiled at the show of concern and hostility coming from the maid.

Lily noticed him and curtsied.

"Hello Miss Lily, it has been a while" he said with a smile that warmed those around him.

"Indeed it has been your highness, what might be your intention in visiting this humble palace?" she said curtly.

"It's nothing, just accompanying Athanasia back"

The maids sighed in relief but looked at him in admiration.

He opened his mouth and added "Oh! And also, Father said that him and I will be visiting Athanasia one of these days"

And with that, he left with Felix.

__________

ATHANARIS STARED AT HIM, dead in the eyes, wearing a serious expression.

"What did you just say?" He growled out, obviously angry.

"Y-Your highness please calm down."

"Oh~ I am very calm right now." He flashed Felix a devilish smile.

A while back, a messenger has reported to him about the sightings of illegal slave trading of kids near the borders of Obelian empire.

Of course he was pissed, remembering something similar to that back in his world and he wanted to stop it or at least prevent this kind of things from happening.

The children whose innocent and knew nothing of those dirty works some adults does will be involved and used like that by other people, the greedy ones at that.

He wanted to punch someone so badly at the moment.

He directed his gaze at Felix once again, his eyes blazed molten silver for a moment before it went back to its original color.

"Felix, go fetch the knights, we will be hunting down some idiotic ones that dared to do such things."

Felix straightened, a determined look on his face "As you command Your highness!"

He bowed and bid him goodbye before walking to the crown prince's door, wrapping his fingers on the door knob before stopping as realization hit him.

"Wa-wait, Y-Your highness, we?!!" He exclaimed, beads of sweat rolling down down his cheeks.

Athanaris raised and eyebrows at this before frowning "Yes we, do you have any problem with that, Felix?