Chapter Six

I did not tell Kino that Yuto and I fought. That was something I felt was better kept between us. I was extremely nervous about the plan. I kept thinking about what Yuto had said to me and I now felt extremely guilty. I went to class, as normal, went back to my dorm and painted for a bit, then tried to calm my nerves. Trying to eat was out of the picture because I was sick to my stomach.

Yuto and I sat and waited. It was very tense, but he didn't try to pick a fight. Jinho came over a lot earlier, around nine. He said he didn't see any guards while he was sneaking over. He had on all black, as I did.

"When is Hui gonna be here?" Jinho asked.

"About eleven thirty," I answered. Yuto's outfit pretty much matched ours. He wore all black most of the time.

It seemed like forever before I heard a knock at my door. Yuto immediately got up and opened the door before I could do anything.

"Hey Yuto," Hui said.

"Hello."

Hui walked in. He also had on all black. "Alright, are you guys ready?" Hui asked. He had some keys in his hand.

"Are those the keys?" Jinho asked. He was a little nervous.

"Yeah," Hui answered. "It's go time."

"Be careful," Yuto said to us. I looked at him and gave him a small smile.

"We will be." He didn't smile back, instead nodding.

The three of us, Jinho, Hui, and myself, started out of the dorms. "OK," Hui started. "I know where they've kinda set up an area to keep track of everything. I'll break in there, freeze the cameras for a few minutes each, then you two will go investigate. We'll start with the original spot, where the first three murders happened."

Jinho and I knew where the scene was, but we stayed a little ways away from it while Hui headed to the spot where the cameras were set up. I had Hui on the phone so he could tell us when to go.

"I'm almost done," Hui said after having gotten to the place. There was a few guards on duty, but they were sleeping. That wasn't good in the grand scheme of things, but it was good for Jinho and I. It made our lives easier.

"OK," Hui whispered over the phone. "I froze the camera on a certain screen, but the camera is still running. This will be good in the long run because they won't notice it as a gap in the footage."

"Sounds good," I said. I looked at Jinho. "We'll be done in a few minutes."

Jinho and I searched as quietly as possible. It was pavement so we didn't have to worry about our footprints. The graffiti wasn't really any word in general. It was some scribbles of some letters that I couldn't make out. I felt like I was imposing. Two girls had died in this spot. This was the last place they saw.

"Anything?" Hui asked.

"Not that I can see," I said, wondering why we'd done this anyway.

"Wait!" Jinho exclaimed, making me jump about three feet in the air. "What is this?" I walked over to him quietly, looking at what he was pointing to.

There was a yellow piece of plastic with the number one on it. I'd watched plenty of crime shows to know what that meant.

They had found something, but what?

Jinho pulled out his phone and turned on the flashlight. Nothing.

"What do you think it was?" Jinho asked, looking at me.

"I'm not sure," I said. "Maybe they kept it secret in case the killer was a student. Catch them by surprise."

"What did you guys find?" Hui asked.