Chapter Ten

The following day, Kino called all of the guys, and we decided to go meet at the park. Class was canceled because of Jinho's attack. As expected, he was the only one who didn't show up.

"Ok," Kino said, his voice stern. "I'm sick of this. Jinho was attacked last night. We need to come up with a response."

"A response?" Changgu asked. He looked between Kino and Shinwon in confusion. I did the same.

"We need to stay out of it."

"You know the killer is sitting in this very circle, right?" Hongseok snapped. "You really want to give him-or her- all the tips?"

Yuto immediately snapped back, even before Kino could. "She's not the killer!"

They all looked at him in confusion. It would have been comedic if the situation wasn't so dire. Yuto frowned, then sat back.

"Well who do you think it is then?" Hongseok asked him. "Who out of us do you think it could be?"

Yuto sat forward and took his hood off, looking around at everyone. "I'm not going to say," Yuto eventually told them.

"Why not?" Hongseok challenged.

"Because if I'm right, then they might come after me."

"But if you're right, then they won't," Wooseok pointed out. We all look at him. "Well, if he's right, and the person goes after him, then that person is obviously the killer."

We knew Wooseok was innocent, but he seemed a bit peeved. We decided to avoid the fact that he was arrested in the first place.

"OR if he gets it wrong, the killer could kill him and blame the person he guessed," I added.

Kino nodded as he bit at his thumbnail. "Accusations won't lead to anything good."

It really was tense. Hui had been quiet. I could tell he felt extremely guilty over Jinho.

"I think... we really should stay out of it," Hui said. His eyes had been distant.

"Oh, NOW you want to stay out of it?!" Yanan snapped. "Because you almost got Jinho killed?!"

"That's not fair," Kino said. "Hui was-"

"What? Just trying to help?" Yanan said. He was angry.

"What, you think I don't feel guilty?! I feel terrible!" Hui shouted, eyes wide, tears threatening to fall.

"You went along with it!"

"Everyone stop!" Kino shouted. We all went quiet. Shinwon stood and cleared his throat.

"Alright, here's the deal. We have five victims, plus one of our friends was attacked. We know one of us is the killer."

"You know, we did just assume that," Kino pointed out. "Maybe it's not one of us."

"Well, either way, I say we wait it out. The police have to have something."

I started to look around at the different guys. I was a psychology major after all. Maybe I could notice some small details that would hint toward one of them being guilty.

"Ok," I said. "Let's say it's one of us."

That got their attention. I sat up straighter. "So if it is one of us, then what caused them to do this? Why are they killing people?"

"Well Yuto has a pretty messed up past," Hongseok said. "He literally got stabbed for Kino! What if that's why he's doing it?!" I remember seeing the lightbulb turn on behind Hongseok's eyes. "What if it's revenge? He knows Kino can see them, so he's forcing him to watch them!"