Chapter Twelve

Another day had passed. I remember today we had class. I went with Kino to first hour, then we went our separate ways. It made me nervous, not being around any of the guys for a day. We'd become inseparable, not only because we were friends, but because we were scared. I didn't see any of them until later that day.

When I got back to my dorm, only Jinho was there. It made me nervous.

"Hey," I said, putting my backpack down at my desk. He was sitting on Yuto's bed, studying with a large stack of flash cards.

"Hey Eden," he replied.

"How's your back?"

"It's better. Bruised, but better."

I blew through my lips. "Have you talked to any of the others?"

"I know Hui is on his way here... but Kino said he'd be late."

"Oh?" I asked, growing a bit more nervous. I wondered how the rest of his day went. Were people still harassing him?

"He wanted to go see his family or something," Jinho said. He looked up in confusion. "He probably texted you."

I pulled out my phone and sure enough, he told me he'd be back later tonight. He told me he loved me, so I responded back and told him the same thing.

"Ok... I hope he stays safe," I said nervously.

"Me too," Jinho agreed.

As I was about to ask where Yuto was, he walked in. He took his hood off and threw his backpack on the ground, sighing. "Can't the police hurry up already? People are starting to come up to me and question me on everything!"

Yuto flopped on my bed, groaning angrily.

"Did either of you see the others today?" I asked. "Like, the guys we aren't talking to?"

"I saw Dawn in the hallway, and Changgu," Jinho replied. Yuto looked over at me.

"I saw Wooseok."

I nodded. I thought I saw Changgu as well, but I wasn't sure. I kept my head down that day. Now, I was waiting for Hui to show up.

He does about twenty minutes later. I was getting really nervous and even went to text him, but he walked in with some coffee and donuts, like a few days before. His jaw was still bruised, but it didn't take away from his good looks. He embraced it and didn't try to cover it up, not because he was one to brag, but because he wanted to show he wasn't scared. Hui smiled at us.

"So I heard Kino wasn't here, which makes my life a whole lot easier because I don't have to carry five coffees."

I smiled back and took the donuts from him. "Hey Hui."

"Hello there."

We studied for a little while as we waited for Kino.

"Hey guys?" Hui said a while later.

"Hmm?" I asked as I answered a flash card in my head.

"Why didn't we talk to Wooseok? I mean, he was innocent."

That was a good question. After Jinho was attacked, everyone seemed to forget that Wooseok was arrested and suspected of being the killer. He probably felt alone, unless one of the others had talked to him about it.

"Man, we should have asked him questions," Yuto said. "Maybe he knows something we don't. What if they questioned him with evidence we didn't know about?"

"Well, if we were to ask him now, he'd know we were using him," Jinho said. "So I say we drop it until we know who the killer is for sure."

I agreed. Wooseok was cleared, as was Jinho, Hui, Yuto, and Kino. Well, at least that's who was cleared in MY eyes. The only one the police and I agreed on was Jinho.

This left Shinwon, Changgu, Dawn, Yanan, and Hongseok.

Now that I thought about it that way, it seemed more real. One of them? Wow.

It was around eight and Kino still hadn't come back. It had been playing on my mind. This was around the time these murders were happening.

Yuto passed out on my bed, then Hui fell asleep on the floor. Jinho also fell asleep, leaving me to wait for Kino alone.

I remember making some ramen while I waited. Hui was shivering, so I covered him with an extra blanket I had at the end of my bed.

I yawned and turned on a tv show as I waited. I didn't want to go to sleep until he was back. It was really stressing me out.

It was ten.

"Hey Yuto," I said as I shook his shoulder lightly. "Yuto, Kino isn't back."

Yuto sat up and rubbed his eyes. "What time is it?"

"It's ten."

He yawned and looked up at me. "Maybe he decided to spend the night at his family's?"

"Yuto, I have a bad feeling."

He looked at me, now wide awake.

"He didn't text you?"

"No, he didn't," I said. I checked my phone again, but nothing. I texted him "Where are you???" then set my phone down.

"I'm sure everything is fine," Yuto said. I sat down on the edge of the bed.

"I hope so..."

He sat next to me and waited with me.

Hui had been snoring, and Yuto was trying to stay awake.

I got the call around twelve at night.

When I saw the number, I felt the blood drain from my face.

It was our police department.

"Hello?" I asked when I answered the phone. My heart had never beat so quickly. I nudged Yuto to wake him up.

"Hello, is this Miss Jones?"

"Y-Yes," I said, immediately starting to cry.

"We have a Mr. Kang here at the station. He want us to call you."

"Is he ok?!" I exclaimed. Yuto leaned in to listen to the officer.

"He's ok, but he's hurt. He was just attacked by who we think is the same person whose been killing people on campus."

"Oh my God! Can we come down there?!" I said shakily.

"Who's we?"

"I-I'm with his best friends."

"I think it should be just you. We don't want it crowded down here."

I nodded, but realized he couldn't see me. "O-Ok. I'll be there in ten minutes."

I hung up the phone and immediately went to grab my shoes.

"Eden! Kino was attacked?!"

"Yes, he was!" I said through tears. "They only want me going down there though! I'll be back!"

Yuto grabbed my arm. "Eden! Be careful!"

I made eye contact with him. He looked genuinely freaked out.

"I'll be fine."

With that, I started running down the hall and toward the stairs.

I wasn't even thinking about my surroundings when I ran outside. I started toward the station, heart racing, eyes wide.

As I'm hurrying to get to Kino, I'm suddenly not alone.

I looked up and there was someone in front of me.

I gasped and cried out in shock. He was about ten feet in front of me.

And I knew it was the killer.