Chapter Eleven

Kino and I turned to see some college mates starting toward us. Kino stood, looking at them in confusion. "Do I know you?" Kino asked.

One of them pushed Kino and he stumbled into the table. "Hey!" I snapped, immediately getting up. This got Hui's attention, then Yuto and Jinho's after that.

"Who do you think you are, running around, killing people like this, then showing your face in public?"

Hui was up and getting in between Kino and the very big guy who was messing with him. The guy was almost a foot taller than Hui, so he had to look up to make eye contact with him. It would have been funny, but my friend was obviously going to lose if they were to fight. The guys' arms were as thick as small trees, and he had two other friends with him.

"Back off," Hui warned. Kino stood next to Hui. Yuto and Jinho tried to look intimidating, but even with four of them, they didn't have a chance. These were the 'jocks' of campus.

"I didn't kill anyone," Kino said defensively.

"Sure you didn't. But you've been questioned, even arrested."

"That's not true," I had cut in. One of the guys looked down at Jinho with an amused look on his face. Jinho was so much smaller than them.

"Look, I'm just trying to enjoy some time with my friends. We don't want any trouble."

"Well, I think you should leave," the guy said irritably.

"Hey! You can't tell us what to do! Who do you think-?" Hui shouted. He didn't get it all out though. The guy had had enough, and before Hui could finish his sentence, he was sent flying. I cried out when the guys' fist connected with Hui's jaw. He spun around and ran into Jinho before stumbling and falling down the steps to our lane.

"Hui!" I cried.

Yuto acted quickly. He punched back, as did Kino. I didn't see a lot of it because I hurried down the steps to get to Hui. He groaned as I helped him sit up. "Are you ok?!" I exclaimed. I glanced up to see Yuto and Kino fighting the three buff guys, and Jinho hesitating. There was no way he'd do any damage, but he ends up pushing a guy anyway. By this point, the managers were on their way over. I helped Hui up. It was only one punch, but Hui was a tad on the smaller side, and his jaw was already bruising. The managers pulled Yuto off of one of the jocks, then Kino backed up willingly. I had been shaking. We were just trying to have a good time.

Even worse, people thought Kino might be the killer.

"Out!" The manager shouted. "All of you, out!"

I noticed Yuto had a split lip and Kino's nose was bleeding. Jinho's face was unscathed, but he was rubbing his back, looking pained.

"Come on guys," I said through silent tears. Before we left, I looked at the jocks and said: "You should be ashamed of yourselves. You don't know anything. You think you do, but you don't."

They frowned at me, but said nothing.

We left, and as soon as we got outside, I went into mom mode. "Are you guys ok?!" I went in a line and looked at Kino, then Yuto, then Jinho. "What's wrong, Jinho?" I asked.

"My back," he said. I had him turn around and lift his shirt. His lower back was very red, which was obviously the start of a bruise.

"God guys," I said as tears rolled down my face. "This guy needs to be caught!"

Hui was standing behind me, his jaw forgotten, furious. The other guys walked out and before I could do anything, Hui was walking over to them.

"What about you guys?" He shouted. "You guys are a bunch of cowards! The only reason you came up to us is because you realized we were all smaller than you. If he was as big as you, you wouldn't have bothered!"

"Who the hell are you?" The 'leader' snapped. I started toward Hui.

"Eden, don't," Kino cried.

"I'm someone who was trying to enjoy some time with friends, but three jackasses decided it was a good idea to harass us!"

Hui was not about to take that from the thugs, but I didn't want him hurt. They pushed Hui once.

"Don't touch him!" I said angrily.

"Who's this tramp?" The 'leader' asked. The other laughed.

"What is this, high school?" I snapped. Hui pushed him angrily.

"Don't call her that!"

Kino came up and grabbed both of our arms.

"Stay away from us," Kino said sternly. "We've done nothing wrong."

"Tell that to those five people you murdered," the guy said angrily.

"He DIDN'T!" Yuto screamed.

We all looked at Yuto in shock.

He was standing there, clenching his jaw, furious. Yuto had been the biggest guy out of our group, and despite being smaller than them, they saw the anger and backed off.

"Just hope I don't see you here again," the leader snaps.

They left after the warning.

I was very shaken by the whole thing. When we got back, I checked them all again. Kino got a wet washcloth and wiped his nose. Hui and Yuto were fuming. I had a heating pad at that time, and was wrapping it around Jinho's waist.

"This is getting to be too much," I said. "We need to figure out when they're gonna get the person, because if news starts spreading that Kino is the killer, the police will bring him in and arrest him."

"I know, but what can we do?" Yuto asked. He wiped off his lip and sat on his bed with Hui, whose head was in his hands.

"We can't do anything," Kino said. He walked over to me and smiled at all of us. It may have been a little forced. "Look, we know I didn't do it, so if they come after me, I'll be proven innocent anyway."

"Yeah, and what about the people who've been wrongfully accused?" Yuto said angrily. "You are innocent, but will the police see it that way?"

Kino sighed. "We'll see."

We were restless that night.