Chapter Seven

"Are you serious?!" Changgu exclaimed, eyes wide. "EVERYTHING was different?!"

"Everything," Kino confirmed. "The victim was male, the gloves were white, the shirt was white, the location wasn't the same. The only thing that was the same was the method of murder."

"That...that doesn't make sense!" Changgu said.

"It really doesn't..." Yuto said, frowning.

"Why would they all of a sudden go change everything?" I asked, looking around at everyone. I see Kino, Yuto, and Shinwon make eye contact. "Do you guys know something?"

They say nothing, instead looking around at all of the others. My heart was racing. "Guys, say something!"

"I think...I mean...I think we're on the same page..." Shinwon said to Kino and Yuto. They both nod, pale and wide eyed.

"What?!" Yanan exclaimed.

"Tell us!" Hongseok shouted.

"It's one of us." Kino said.

Silence.

"You mean, one of us?" Hui asked, taking his finger and gesturing towards the group. Kino nodded.

At that point I was terrified.

"How do you know?" Wooseok asked, eyes wide.

"Because why else would they change everything unless they knew exactly what people were saying about it? Unless they knew someone could see their clothing?" Shinwon explained. "How could they know our suspicions?"

"But what if it's just a coincidence?" Hongseok asked. "What if they did it to throw off the Police? It doesn't mean they know about us or Kino!"

"The Police don't know much," Yuto said. "They don't know the clothing or the gloves. The fact that it was a guy does make sense in throwing off the Police, but not the clothes. Another location also makes sense, I guess..."

"So you can't really be sure that it's one of us then," Dawn said. "Clothing doesn't really mean anything."

"He was willing to risk being seen so he could throw off someone. It doesn't make sense if he was trying to throw off the police because they don't know what he was wearing. White is way more visible than black," Yuto explained. "It's one of us."

"What if someone overheard us?" Jinho asked.

"Maybe," Kino agreed. "But it seems less likely."

It was suddenly very tense at the table. Everyone looked around at each other, on edge, wondering which one of them it could be.

"I-I can't believe this!" Yanan said, tearing up. "I told you we shouldn't have gotten involved!"

"Maybe you didn't want us involved because you knew we would figure you out," Dawn said suspiciously,

"W-What?!" Yanan said. "I've never killed anyone!"

"That makes sense!" Hongseok said.

"N-No, I didn't kill anyone!" Yanan started tearing up.

"Well you really were hellbent on staying out of everything," Changgu admitted.

"Well w-w-what about Wooseok?! He wasn't at the meeting yesterday! Maybe he had something else planned!"

"I didn't do anything," Wooseok snapped, frowning. "Ask my parents. I was with them all day."

"Well it can't be Kino," Jinho said. "He was with us! That means it wasn't me, Yuto, or Eden either!"