Chapter 11

''I have liked you for the past year,'' She says, her fingers fiddling. She's nervous. 

Elle Richardson. She's known as one of the schools rich girls. This girl is different than the rest. Kinder, prettier, wholesome, she's not petty, she actually cares about others more than herself, I can't say the same for the other rich girls. She has long brown hair, with highlights she got this past fall, and since then her hair has grown, but it still looks amazing on her. She's thin, but not as thin as Kara, who in my opinion is a stick. Elle is perfect, and If I'm being honest with myself, I like her too, and I have for awhile. I guess I've been hiding my true feelings from myself because I don't want to hurt Kara in the end, or Elle, somehow. 

Theres a silence between us, and I can hear Kara make a squeal in the kitchen. I can't help but laugh a little by her squeal. She's listening, and maybe watching us. I haven't looked to see. I haven't taken my eyes off of Elle. 

I can tell her mind is racing, and I think that she knows mine is too. 

''You know, I'm supposed to be the one doing this...'' I say, and I can hear Kara squeal a little louder. 

''Well it didn't seem like you were going to do anything, Oliver,'' She says smiling. 

I wince as she says Oliver, I hate when my Father calls be that, but, I think I like how she says it. 

I walk up closer to her, but still leaving space between us. About four feet. 

''I like you too, Elle. I have for awhile now.'' 

She comes closer to me, and hugs me. She's never hugged me. I've known her her entire life, and we've never hugged, but I've only felt this way about her until recently. She must be able to tell I was surprised, because she pulls away. I'm looking down at her, because she's still so close to me, not that I have a problem with it. She's looking up into my eyes, and it's at this moment I realize how short she is. I'm a whole foot taller than her. 

I smile at her lightly, and she pulls away. 

We both jump at the sound of a pan falling in the kitchen, and then I hear Kara cuss faintly. Elle and I both laugh, and then walk slowly to the kitchen to see what exactly happened, only finding that a simple pan dropped, and that the case shouldn't be taken into further investigation. 

Hi guys! I just wanted to clarify why there was no kiss scene or anything in this chapter, and that is because I wanted Elle to appear as a really sweet, wholesome girl, and I did not want to over-sexualize her character. I want to hear all of your thoughts, so please comment! I respond!