Chapter 21

I walk through the front door, and Kara comes bursting into the front room, her socks making her slide on the hardwood floors. 

''Tell me! Tell me! Elle already told me some stuff but I want to know everything.'' I can tell she's holding herself back from squealing, happily.  Can't wake up Father. 

''Tell you what?'' I said, to mess with her. Of course I knew what she wanted me to tell her, but telling my sister about a kiss? Kinda weird. 

There is really no need to go into context about it, or even go into it at all. 

Kara gave me a certain look, and raised her eyebrows. ''Tell me, please.''

''Oh my God, fine.'' I set down the picnic basket onto the table, then continue. ''I got to the park very early, and set everything up... Here, I even took a picture of it all for you...Thought you would like it...'' I quickly pull up the photo on my phone, and show her. ''And then, I waited for about thirty, forty-five minutes, and when she got there, she snuck up on me, and scared the crap out of me...'' I paused, to chuckle nervously, and to think about how I should've skipped that part. It's a bit emberassing. 

''Okay... What else?'' She said, not even noticing my blushed cheeks, which most likely stood out like a tomato in a bowl of bananas. 

I rubbed my forehead, and groaned quietly. ''We threw grapes into eachothers mouths, and then we kissed.'' 

She shakes her hands happily, and squeals very quietly, as if she's trying her best to keep it to herself, but doesn't continue any further.

 I hope she knows that that's all I'm going to tell her.

''Goodnight, Kara.'' I say, walking out of the room, and into my own, closing the door behind me.