Chapter Three

''Look, Mom, Kara is staying the night at Ella's house, and I'm staying the night at Mike's. We'll be home soon,'' I said, talking to Mom on the phone. I lied to her.  ''Okay. Love you, be safe. Bye, Mom.''

I hung up the phone, and then looked at Kara. ''Oh, Peanut,'' I sighed, looking at her with sympathy. 

''I cut my wrists,'' she said very suddenly, the words sounding like they were mushing together. 

I wanted to scream. I wanted to yell. I had failed her. 

''I cut too deep, and the blood never stopped coming..I, uh.. I regretted it as soon as I did it,'' she said, sounding almost unsure. 

''Kara..''

''Olly, I'm sorry.'' 

''Kara..''

''Olly..''

''How could you do this, Kara?'' I said, the tears starting to fall from my eyes.

''I'm sorry.''

''I need you Kara, Mom needs you, so many people need you. I understand life is hard right now, but it's going to get better. Don't forget that.'' I don't think I've ever felt this much pain before.

''Okay, Olly.''

Her hands for the first time today, came out from underneath the covers, revealing the marks on her wrists. 

I held her hand, even with the fear of it slipping away and out of reach. 

She held it back. ''Are you going to tell mom, Olly?'' 

''No.. She already has enough on her mind.''

She grabbed the TV remote and placed it in my other hand. ''Watch whatever you want, Olly.''

I skimmed the different channels for the next few minutes, and finally found something worthy of watching. It was me and Kara's favorite movie, The Sandlot.

An hour later a doctor came in. 

I glanced at Kara, but she didn't see. ''I'll let you guys talk,'' I said, beginning to walk to the door so that they could talk. 

''No, wait!'' I heard Kara say, ''Stay, Olly. Please.''

''Okay,'' I said. 

I sat back into the uncomfortable hospital chair and listened in on what the doctor had to say.

''Well, we are going to release you tomorrow morning, Kara. You've lost a lot of blood, but not enough to the point where we would need to give you a blood transfusion,'' the doctor said calmly. Too calmly. The amount of calmness she had was giving me suspicions. 

I wanted to leave. I wanted to leave and take Kara with me. I wanted to protect her. I needed to protect her, but it was hard to do that here. 

                                                 A/N

Hey guys! Earlier I said I was going to only do this part of the story for a few chapters, but Ive really been liking it, so I am going to make it a bit longer, but don't worry because I am going to make it really interesting! Peace <3