Chapter 19

The gunshot heard moments earlier, was outside of the school, maybe by the parking lot. 

Everyone suddenly perked up, and their attention divided toward the windows, which lead closest to where the shot came from. 

Everything started to happen so fast, the teacher closed the blinds, locked the doors, and windows. We were moving things against the door, and sitting beside the wall, waiting for something to happen, which of course none of us wanted, other than someone telling us it was safe, and the person on campus was gone, arrested, and taken off the prison. 

There was another gunshot.

It was closer this time. Much closer. 

The whole class flinched, our heads all staring at the door to everyones right. 

A girl was leaning into her boyfriend and crying, crying as quietly as she could. Surprisingly, she was the only one crying. Everyone was scared, though. They should be. It's horrifying. 

Kara. 

Elle.

God, I hope they're okay. I don't know what I'd do if they weren't. 

I can hear police sirens in the distance, and coming closer. 

I didn't think I'd ever be this happy that the Police Station was so close to our school. 

Theres much movement outside the school, yelling, shouting. 

They never came in, He thought. Everybody had thought the person had gotten into the school.

Eventually, we get news that the person was a guy, and he was taken away, and we can come out of the rooms. Everyone was to have to be picked up, and to go home immediatly. 

I'm walking out of the classroom, and making my way to the Cafeteria. I'm looking frantically for Elle, and Kara. I'm sure they're together, they always are. 

There they are.

I run up to the two, and Kara hugs me. I hug Elle afterward. I can tell she'd been crying, because her eyes are slightly puffy. 

''It's okay,'' I say, trying to comfort the two, but unsure what to do.