Chapter 20

Ever since what happend at school last week, Kara has been smoking much more, maybe three or  and Elle hasn't been around much, however we do have a date today. Everyone is still pretty shoken up. Everybody was given two weeks off school, so we will go back in a few days.

I'm getting ready, brushing my hair out, and making it look nice. Nice for Elle, to be exact. 

I've been planning a nice picnic today for our date. I want it to be very special. I quickly check the watch on my wrist to see what time it is, and how much time I have. It's 3:15, and Elle is meeting me at the park at 5:00, which means I have just enough time. 

''Is it ready?'' I asked, Kara, walking into the kitchen. 

''Yeah. Do you want to look and see if theres anything you don't want in there?'' She responds, quickly, and taking a step back so that I can go look into the basket. (Kara was setting up the basket for Olly cause she's a nice sister)

I look in the bag, and then back away, grabing it. ''Nope. It's perfect.'' I smile instead of saying ''thank you.'' It's easier. 

The quilt is sitting perfectly smoothed on the grass, right by the creak, which eventually runs into a large pond. The plates are arranged perfectly, so that it's aesthetically pleasing.

I hope she likes it.

I anxiously check my watch again. ''She should be here any minute.'' I thought, looking around the park. 

I jump at someone popping up behind me and loudly saying, ''Boo!"

I laughed, embaressed. ''You scared me.''

''I got you pretty good, too.'' Elle says, now looking over to the blanket. ''You did all this?''

''Yeah.'' I scratch my head near my ears. ''Kara helped a little, too.''

''Seems like her work,'' she says, now sitting, and looking at all the different plates. Elle grabs a few things, and stuffs them into her mouth. ''This is really good,'' she says's now suddenly laughing hysterically.

I start laughing, because her laugh is 100% contagious, and if I'm being honest, I don't know what we're laughing at.

Elle grabs a few grapes, and then hold one up in her hand. ''Say ahhh.'' She commands.

Suprisingly, the grape lands in my mouth, and then I throw one to her, it misses, and we keep taking turns throwing grapes at eachothers heads until we make it in. The grapes are sitting beside me, a couple feet away from Elle. 

Elle leans in to grab some more grapes, and when she leans back up, her face is only inches from mine, and very slowly coming closer. She's looking into my eyes, like she's been told I'm her one and only love, and that she's never seen me before. She's looking at me like our future is now. That all we have is now. 

''Are you sure?'' I ask, her quietly, looking into her dark, beautiful eyes that are so close to mine. 

''Oh, Oliver. I've been sure for awhile now.'' And with that, she closes the space, and our lips are touching. The kiss is slow, and lingering, as we take our time. It lasted only seconds, but it felt like a lifetime. 

I pull away, and smile. I can feel the butterflies fluttering around in my stomach.