Chapter 1-First Kill of the Year

• Dedicated to Charlotte

It was new years eve. The perfect time to hunt humans.

Humans? I hear you asking. Yes, humans, particularly black haired guys. I've become quite partial, maybe it reminds me of Jacob Black. Maybe not.

Jacob Black was my friend right through my depression. But in the meadow that day, every single wolf was killed by Victoria before she left. Every wolf except Jacob. She left unscathed I assume. There were no signs of any distress on her part, only the obvious fact that she was gone.

Sometimes I wonder if she did kill HIM. But rarely. I'm over him, I think. I don't feel anything now, even for a vampire I'm pretty emotionless.

I looked through the crowd to find someone worth seducing and biting. I licked my lips as I thought of the pulsing vein in the neck, the smell of blood, the feeling of sinking my teeth into flesh, then the metallic taste of the blood.

About twenty metres away from where I stood at the back of the gathering, was a tall, lanky teenager of seventeen-ish. He had raven black hair and strongly tanned skin, I could see the muscles rippling from underneath his skin-tight t-shirt. Show time.

"Hiya cutie," I said in my cutest girls voice. I despised the ways I have to get my meal. Honestly, I sounded like Lauren, from my time at Forks High as a human. Ugh. Revolting. Truly revolting.

"Heelloo, my you look damm good," he said huskily. Oh for the love of God...

"Come with me," I whispered seductively.

I took his arm and lead him away from the prying eyes of humans. I skipped into the edge of the forest and shoved him down roughly. He closed his eyes and pushed out his lips, waiting for his kiss. I groaned inwardly. Do they never learn?

I got down on hands and knees and stroked my fingers over his pulsing vein.

"Girly you just..." he began. I sunk my teeth into his flesh neatly. He gasped as I drained him of all blood. I swirled his blood around my mouth before swallowing with a glugg. I pushed away the carcass of the boy and threw him into THE PLACE.

THE PLACE was my hole. A great big hole I'd dug in my first year, it was in there that I threw the remains of my meals to rot down to nothing. We couldn't have innocent suspecting humans now could we? Not on my scenes.

I returned to the little coven I called home. It was, in other words, Charlie's old shed. Charlie...

He was dead. Everyone I knew in my human life was dead. First Renee, Paul, Billy, Sue. Then Charlie. I'd stayed with Charlie for a few years, but he was far less excepting of my 'change' - not that he knew how I'd changed - than my other friends. We'd grown apart over the years, but it was better for both of us. I watched him die, been by his bedside, but I had no idea what he'd done for the final few decades of his life. Then I lost contact with Jessica and Mike. My only friends left were Angela and Ben. I had to leave them. They were on the 'need to know not want to know' thing. They didn't know I was a vampire. But then Angela died, 87. Ben reminded me of her and I reminded him of her. So I left him. He must be dead by now though.

I still hear you thinking, she feeds on humans? What about vegy vamps? What would Edward say? Well here's my answer. I'm not a newborn anymore. HE left me 200 years ago. He won't come back. Nor any other Cullen. I'm a vampire, it's my natural diet. I wasn't a crazed newborn, but I wasn't in control either. I was so thirsty...

I checked my messages on the pad on the wall. 200 years is plenty of time for technology to change. Nothing. I never expected anything. Who would message me? I didn't know anyone. Only THEM, and THEY will never come back. I bit my bottom lip and pulled out my old cell phone. I checked it every New Years Day. Just incase HE tried to contact me. I never expected anything, I never did.

But this year, I had a message.