Chapter 15-What's Life Without Drama?

"Isabella Marie Swan, will you marry me?"

***

I stared at Edward, and I knew that if I were still human, my eyes would be filling with tears. Edward's golden eyes bore into mine, searching for my answer before I said it. Perhaps he was wondering if I'd show him, by snapping off my shield, but believe me when I say I was far too preoccupied to focus on freeing my mind from its enclosure.

Edward stayed in exactly the same position as the seconds ticked by, and I saw him grow more nervous as I stood stock-still, trying to comprehend the fact that Edward Cullen, beautiful, smart, perfect, wanted to marry me, Bella Swan, boring, average-looking, mediocre.

"Yes," I whispered, "Yes a hundred times over."

At my words, Edward's tensed face relaxed and his lips turned up into my favourite, crooked smile. He slipped the ring onto my finger and stood up, kissing my hand once, then wrapping his arms around me and kissing me gently, sealing the promise that comes with an engagement. As he pulled away, we kept our arms wound loosely around each other.

"I love you Edward," I said.

"As I love you Bella, always," he replied, kissing my lips once. We smiled at each other, savouring that short little piece of perfection in our forever. Suddenly, our moment was interrupted by a groan of protest from Edward.

"What's wrong?" I asked, running my fingertips down his cheek.

"Alice."

I let out a similar groan to Edward's, and together, we ran back through the forest. We reached the front door quickly, and Edward opened it, motioning for me to go in first. As soon as I'd stepped over the threshold, I was attacked by a blur of white and black, otherwise know as Alice the pixie.

"Oh my God!" she squealed, "I can't believe it!"

"Calm down Alice," Jasper said, pulling Jasper away gently.

"Don't use that on me," she snapped. Jasper laughed, and I spotted the rest of the Cullen family standing in the shadows of the house, smiling at the scene. Esme was the first to hug Edward and myself, closely followed by Carlisle. Emmett man-hugged Edward, and spun me round, making me dizzy. Rosalie looked a little nervous as she moved to embrace me, clearly remembering all the times she'd been horrible. I threw her a smile, and she returned it, looking perfectly gorgeous as she hugged me gently. She hardly acknowledged Edward, instead moved backwards to Emmett and turned her gaze to her nails.

"Congratulations," Esme said, smiling widely.

"Bella! You have to let me plan your wedding!" Alice said.

"Reign it in a little Alice," Carlisle warned.

Alice pouted at him, and looked at me expectantly. I looked to Edward for help. I didn't really want Alice's 'perfect' wedding, because it would be far from it, but I didn't want to hurt her feelings, which I undoubtedly would if I refused her offer. Esme was watching us worriedly, and Alice was begging me with her best puppy eyes.

"I think your idea and Bella's idea of perfect is a little different Alice," Esme said. I shot her a thankful look and she smiled at me. Edward wrapped his arms around my waist and tucked my head under his chin, kissing my hair.

"Please Bella?" she begged me.

"I'm hardly going to do it myself am I? But I want final say," I said, smiling when her face lit up like a kid on Christmas morning when they first saw the massive boxes under the tree. Alice squealed again and snatched me from Edward's arms into another hug. Edward pulled me away from the over-excited pixie, holding me to him protectively.