Chapter 5-Tanya

I stared at Edward, he loved me. My torn and patched heart was suddenly whole, my entire world was pulled together by those three much awaited words.

"Edward I..." I began, my heart glowing.

He pulled his hand away from under my chin.

"Yeah I get it Bella. Don't pretend please, but I can't live with that," he said, his lips forming a thin line and his arms crossed over his chest.

"What?!" I yelped, didn't he just say he loved me?

"What do you expect Bella, we can't live like this can we? Don't be stupid," he replied, voice cracking.

"Edward, what are you on about?" I asked, my eyes staring at the back of his head.

I saw the familiar sight of vampire tears at the edge of his eyes. I ran forwards and caught him in a hug.

"Bella, don't do this to me," he whispered into my hair.

"Edward. Stop this. What on earth are you on about anyway? You said you loved me!" I said, scared.

"What do you think I'm on about, two hundred years, two hundred years I waited, you waited, for you to say you don't have the same feelings now," he mumbled.

"Edward," I whispered, "I do love you."

"I thought..."

"Oh Edward, no, no, I'm so sorry," I cried, remembering Edward and his trait of thinking the worst without evidence.

He tilted my chin up towards his face and brought his lips to mine. The kiss was full of love and passion, I grabbed the hair at the base of his neck and he tangled his fingers in mine. He pulled away to look at me.

"I love you Bella," he said.

"I love you too Edward," I whispered.

***

We pulled up outside the Cullen's gargantuan house. Alice opened the door with a click but shoved Edward in before her. I raised my eyebrows at her but she just shook her head, scrutinising me carefully. I sighed and followed Edward in.

"Edward!" Esme called.

"Hi," he muttered to his family.

"Hello Edward," said a silky, feminine voice that I immediately disliked.

I looked up to see a tall, blond haired vampire, boy was she beautiful.

"Hello Tanya, this is Bella," Edward introduced us.

Tanya met my gaze, she had jealousy written across her face. So this was the mysterious vegetarian friend vampire, Tanya, that Carlisle and Esme originally thought he should marry. She walked towards us and we shook hands, or should I say, she shook any remaining 'life' out of my hand.

"Hey hey Tans, leave Bella's hand alone! It's one of a kind," Emmett joked.

"I'm sure we'll be great friends Bella," she said.

Could nobody else see the jealousy on her? It radiated out like heat from a fire! I stared at her cold, stone eyes, to the hate and resentment that appeared to be directed at me. She turned to Edward and her eyes immediately softened. Great, her stone impression was saved for me. Christmas has come early.

She leant in for a hug and Edward obliged. Her eyes filled with lust as she breathed in his scent. I felt my heart prickle with jealousy, my Edward!

She rubbed his back and seemed about to kiss his cheek when Alice interrupted, probably spotting my furious expression.

"Um, great to see you Tanya, but I'm going to er, vamp-sleep, you know? Night. Bella?" she asked, touching my lower back meaningfully.