Chapter 3-My Saviour

I watched aghast as Victoria pinned my saviour to the grassy floor. All of a sudden their positions were reversed. Victoria looked furiously into the strangers face. Then, with a whirl, Victoria lay dead - beheaded - , or whatever you'd call it for a vampire, on the floor. The stranger turned around.

"Next time, pick a fight with someone your own size girl. Human blood is no good for fighting," he said. I gasped.

"Jasper!" I croaked, "Jasper, do you recognise me?"

Jasper Cullen scrutinised me carefully, lingering on my lips. The top was a little larger compared to the bottom. Then realisation seemed to slap him in the face and he let out a gasp not unlike my own.

"Bella? Bella Swan?" he asked breathless, if a vampire could be that.

"Yes Jasper! Yes! Is Alice with you? Or the other Cullens?" i asked as I struggled to contain my excitement. A sudden sense of calm and tranquility hit me.

"No Bella. Alice is here but I can't allow this. We've cut ourselves off from you for a reason," he said. I swear if he wasn't the fighter he was I would have hit him. Hard.

"Jasper! I know that Edward wanted me to lead a human life, but did the rest of you? Regardless, I'm over two hundred years old. I was changed about four months after you left. So scrap all of that crap Jasper!" I cried in indignation.

"Very well Bella. You can see Alice, I'm promising no more. I must say we came here to see what became of you. Who you married, what you did. We assumed something with the werewolf, Jacob, but no, so we were heading to the police office to go through records, when Alice saw this. Not realising it was you," he explained.

Jasper motioned me on and we ran very fast to the police station, where I saw Alice through he window, unchanged of course.

"Alice, I have a surprise," Jasper began.

"Good or bad?"

"In all honesty? Both," Jasper admitted. He waved me forwards and Alice came into view. She stared.

"God almighty. Bella Swan, a vampire. Of all the things that could have happened to you... When?"

"'bout four months after you left," I mumbled. I waited for the blush, but my body wouldn't deny me like that.

"BELLA SWAN!!!" Alice screamed, embarrassing me in a tight hug.

"Hi Alice!" I replied grinning from ear to ear.

"Oh no. Bella, tell me it wasn't you that bit the boy, black hair, today," she asked through gritted teeth. I looked down.

"I'm sorry Alice. I can't help it. It was my pitiful revenge on you Cullens," I replied frustrated.

"Bella! No biting humans!" she said. I laughed.

"I'm not joking Bella, god, who bought you up? Yourself?" she asked.

"Yup, me and Charlie's shed," I replied.

"From now on, no biting humans, ok?"

"On one condition."

"Which is?" she asked impatiently.

"You take me to see your family, specifically Edward," I mock glared at her.

Her face fell.

"I can't do that Bella. We don't know ourselves where Edward is," she explained.

"What?! Doesn't he ever come home?" I exclaimed angrily.

"About once a year. No telling when, I'm afraid Bella."

I should have felt tears, instead I felt an overwhelming sadness.