rouge à lèvres fraise

(14/09/17)

"What about this one?" Emilie asks from across the store, holding up a pretty, but very lacey lilac tank top.

I walk over to look at it closely. It has delicate flowers embroidered along the edge, making it summery and stylish at the same time. It would also match perfectly with the wide legged trousers I have in my hand.

"Why not?" I take the top, and head to the counter.

A friendly looking girl takes the items, and starts tallying up the price. I notice something shining in the $5 dollars and under box, and I take a closer look. It's a stunning gold ring, most likely not real gold, but still. The red jewel in the centre only adds to its unique beauty.

"I'll get this as well, please." I say, placing the ring on the counter.

"Nice choice, it's only $3.50," She smiles. "Okay, your total for today comes to $19.35."

"Thank you!" I tap my card, and take my bag.
My sisters are waiting outside for me, also holding a few bags. This is a family affair. Apparently, my fashion sense is 'atrocious' according to Penelope, so they decided to take me shopping. By that, I mean, they pick out the clothes for me and use me as their personal clothing model. I'm not complaining though, they said they would pay for some things, so...

I've always thought it would be interesting to model. My whole family modelled, starting with my grandmother. My mum followed in her steps, and was a model in the 80s. Then she had four girls, who all took some interest in the career. Penelope and Emilie already do some jobs here and there, and Willa is just starting out.

For now, I'm more comfortable behind the camera. But who knows what I'll be doing in the future.

"Oooh, can we go in here?" Willa begs, pointing to the glowing pink Pandora sign to our right.

She takes off before we answer, and we all follow suit. It's a rather big store, with a few too many people in it for my liking. I squeeze my hands together awkwardly and try to shrink smaller. It's lucky I'm not as tall as my sisters.

Emilie's 5'11 for crying out loud, and that's without heels. She's my little (or big) giraffe.

"You're nervous aren't you?" Penelope smirks.

"No, why would you ask that?"

"Because I have eyes, and I can see what's in front of me."

"Which is?"

"A girl who looks like she is about to shit herself with fear." She laughs, before returning her gaze to a pretty charm in the counter.

Memories of last night fill my head, making me want to disappear into the red lights again and stay there forever.

I step into the diner, hearing the all too familiar bell ring above my head. It's busy for a week night.

A woman with curly black hair turns at the ringing, and a grin immediately plasters her face. She pushes a stray strand of hair out of her face as she runs over to my family and I, not wobbling once in her 10inch heels.

"My favourite people!" Tate exclaims happily, hugging us one by one. "Oh my gosh, how are you all?" She asks, squeezing Willa extra tight.

"Wait, where's the second half of my favourite duo?" She frowns, looking at me, and then behind us in confusion.

"Oh, Griffin was busy." I shrug.

"He's an idiot." Penelope grins.

I elbow her in the side, and shake my head. She gives me an annoyed look for a brief second before plastering a sickly sweet expression on her pale face.