tu me rends fort

(28/01/18)

"Who is this?" I ask into the phone, a puzzled frown making its way onto my rosy lips.

It's 9pm, and I'm over at Griffin's house meeting Amelia for the first time. She seems lovely so far. Sunkissed skin and blonde waves that tumble down to her waist make her a bit like Rapunzel, even down to the big, caring emerald eyes. From what I've seen in the last hour and a half of being her, Amelia appears to be exactly Griffin's type.

They're currently having a small bicker about which sport we should watch, the two main competitors being cricket and football. To be completely honest, both sound like they would bore me to death so I'm happy that this unknown caller saved me.

I wish I knew who they are though.

"Hello?" I repeat.

A distant crackle is heard from the other line, as the caller obviously shuffles around in their settings. I think I hear a cat purr, but I might have imagined it.

"Hi!"

A woman greets me excitedly through the phone, her British voice a mix of gentleness and determination. What for, I don't know yet. Suddenly the facetime bubble pops up, asking me to accept it. My finger hovers over the green button in uncertainty.

"Don't worry, I'm not anyone nasty. You can answer! I promise!" She enthuses.

I take the chance, swiping with my thumb. It takes a second to connect, but the second it does, a very grey sky greets me. It seems to be that weird kind of weather where it wants to rain, but it never actually does. It also looks bitterly cold.

That's when I see the woman's face. I recognise her, but I can't quite place where from. She has long, thick brown hair that just touches her shoulder blades, and beautifully shapen eyebrows. They remind me of Harry's.

My eyes widen in realisation. I recognise her from the photos that Harry has in his house. This is his sister.

"Hey, um, are you-"

"Gemma! Yes, I'm Harry's sister. The better Styles sibling." She introduces herself proudly.

I laugh, moving near the window to get better lighting. Griffin frowns and holds his hand up in an 'are you okay?' gesture, to which I nod my head.

"Is everything okay?" I ask.

"Oh yeah! I just wanted to meet you," She laughs loudly. " And the goblin refuses to show me any photos of you or give me your number."

"How are you calling me then?"

"Oh, I stole his phone and got it myself."

We share another joyful laugh through the phone, immediately forming a connection. She seems very friendly,and outgoing. I don't know why this surprises me considering that she is Harry's sister. There's definitely a difference in their demeanor though. Gemma seems less shy, and more quietly confident in her words.

"So, how are you?" She says.

"I'm great thanks. It's like 9pm over here, so I'll be heading to bed soon. I'm at a friend's house."

"Oh, I can call you back later if this isn't a good time?"

"Oh no please don't hang up. They're about to start watching cricket and I would rather not die of boredom tonight." I sigh.

"Fair enough. The football is always on every telly over here, and it drives me mad." She agrees.

"It's awful."