aimer est l'antidote

(01/04/19)

NIXIE'S P.O.V

I let out an exaggerated groan as the covers are wrestled away from my clutches, trying desperately to grasp the last few moments of my peaceful sleep. The blaring sun bursts into my eyes as I open them slightly, instantly burying them into the war, crook of Harry's neck as he laughs.

His laugh.

It feels so much better than I imagined being able to say that I can hear his laugh again. It might sound weird. But when you go so long without even hearing the gentle lull of his deep, raspy voice once a day, you become quite desperate. In the best way possible, of course.

I laugh softly as he keeps a hand on my waist, the other moving to rest on my warm cheek. His finger tip traces the markings caused by my pillow, attempting to smooth away the red lines. Slowly, Harry's hand wanders to fit perfectly in the space behind my ear. He twirls strands of my ginger hair carefully.

"We should get up now..." He mumbles, distracted by braiding a few strands together.

"Why..." I whine, making him smile. "It's like 6am..."

"It's 10:30, love."

I nestle further into his chest, mumbling my annoyance, feeling his skin radiate warmth underneath the jumper he has on. The longer I examine the fabric, eyes squinting to make it out in the light beneath the covers as I hold them up, I realise it is, in fact, my jumper. The plain peach pink colour could almost go unmissed as one of his, but the near-invisible crimson embroidery of a cherry stands out like a sore thumb.

That, and how Harry's torso is being suffocated by the too small clothing item. I can quite literally see his pec muscles through the shirt.

"Why are you wearing my jumper?"

"Oh, it was late and I was smelly in my own shirt," He grins. "And, I wanted to make one of your things smell just like me."

"How kind."

"Right? How did you know it was yours so quickly?"

Oh I don't know, Harold. It's mine?

"The cherry that my nan embroidered. See? Right there..." I poke my pointer finger into the thread.

He chuckles as I do so, gently pulling my hand to sit on his chest. For the first time in months, I admire his eyes. They still sparkle the same divine shade of emerald, a touch more blue circling around the middle. It's like an ocean of seagreen that never stops mesmerizing you.

"It's always cherries with you, isn't it?" Harry mutters under his breath with a soft smile, his eyes lighting up suddenly like he just realised something.

"What?"

"Nothing, nothing. I'll tell you when the time comes," He winks stupidly, basically blinking, and leaps out of bed. "Up?"

"No."

"Come on, Nixie. Please?"

"Make me." I smirk, pulling the covers over me and drowning in the warmth.