je veux juste te dire quelque chose

(18/09/17)

Amazement thumps inside me as we walk around the venue. The high ceilings, thousands of seats and bustling security is over enough to make you nervous. I can't imagine how Harry must be feeling. I mean, I'm only taking photos, whilst he has to stand on this gigantic stage and sing his heart out to an audience full of critics.

I don't know how he isn't wetting himself.

Instead, the expected look of nerves is an expression that I could only describe as calm. A few strands of hair have escaped their position, and fall delicately over his eyebrow.

"It's definitely bigger than I thought it would be." Harry smiles to himself.

Good god...

"Is that a good thing?" I ask, shuffling myself so I'm sitting on top of my backpack.

"I mean, it's not a bad thing... More people to show off to." He smirks, giving me a wink.

I roll my eyes, and continue watching the mass of people hurrying frantically to set up the stage lights, the big screen, and the barricades. It's pure chaos.

I raise my camera to my eye, and line up the frame. The focus sets on Harry, colourful shirt and all, as he watches his surroundings without knowing he's on camera.

That's when I realise how different he looks when he knows he's on camera.

It's like he puts on another persona, a cooler, more media-fied version of himself. But now, as he sits in contentment, there's no barrier to hold up. It's just him. The most crystal clear version of himself that there is.

I smile as I take the photo. Harry immediately spins around to look at me in confusion, a surprised grin on his lips.

"Did you just take my picture?"

"Maybe."

"Why?"

"I don't know, you looked peaceful. See?" I show him the photo.

His features soften as he looks at the photographed version of himself. There is a hidden emotion in his eyes, almost seeming to be regret, or sadness.

"Nice photo..." He murmurs, forcing a smile.

As he turns away, I furrow my brows together. I put the camera back into my bag, and my lips form a line of worry.

What did I do?

I've seen his emotions change quickly before, but not like that. That was discomforting, and confusing, let alone slightly unnerving. It was like a switch flipped in his head, but only half way.

"Oi, Harry! You still sulking over monopoly?" Adam calls out, hands in a cup formation around his mouth.

I see a small smirk rise on Harry's features again, making some of my concern melt away. Then comes the glint of mischief in his irises, and the cocky raised eyebrows that manage to look intimidating at the same time.

It really does feel like we've known each other for more than a day.

"Actually, Adam, I'm just getting started. You'll regret talking all this smack later when I beat your-"

"Are you still on about that stupid boardgame?" Sarah sighs into her hands.

Harry and Adam share a smug grin, and nod at her as if to say 'yes, of course we are'. She inhales deeply, like a mother to two young rascals, and breathes out. Mitch stands behind her with no show of a laugh on his face, apart from his eyes.